The 3 most important additions for 2007 (IMO)

Have been playing the game for a week now, and there are three additions which I feel are missing from this game:

1: formations/tactics freedom

2: team talks

3: discipline

1. Formations

Now I understand there's only a certain amount of room available, so I siggest this:

First we select our basic formation:

etc

once we've selected our base formation, we then select which variation of it we'd like.

442:

442 attacking

442 defensive

442 diamond

etc

Also, when selecting if a player makes runs, we should be able to state what sort of runs he makes:

depth:

deep defensive (long arrow backwards

defensive (short arrow backwards)

attacking (short arrow forwards)

deep attacking (long arrow forwards)

and then a direction:

wide left (two positions across)

left (one position across)

central (same position)

right (one position right)

wide right (two positions right)

now obviously these wouldbe dependant on the position of the player in question (a left winger can't make runs to the left, for example).

so using this system, a central midfielder with a deep attacking & wide left run, would make runs into the FL position.

2. Team Talks

Pretty self explanitory - we need to be able to tell players when we're unhappy or happy with their performances.

3. Discipline

A disciplinary system is something I really miss from the game. My goalkeeper performed a 3, letting in 5 goals - the only way I could show my dissatisfaction was to transfer list him immediately. I'd rather have been able to fine his ass into next thursday.

Conclusion

With these 3 things added I'd be much happier with the game, while at the same time it still keeps it simple- and fast-to-use.

Have been playing the game for a week now, and there are three additions which I feel are missing from this game:

1: formations/tactics freedom

2: team talks

3: discipline

1. Formations

Now I understand there's only a certain amount of room available, so I siggest this:

First we select our basic formation:

etc

once we've selected our base formation, we then select which variation of it we'd like.

442:

442 attacking

442 defensive

442 diamond

etc

Also, when selecting if a player makes runs, we should be able to state what sort of runs he makes:

depth:

deep defensive (long arrow backwards

defensive (short arrow backwards)

attacking (short arrow forwards)

deep attacking (long arrow forwards)

and then a direction:

wide left (two positions across)

left (one position across)

central (same position)

right (one position right)

wide right (two positions right)

now obviously these wouldbe dependant on the position of the player in question (a left winger can't make runs to the left, for example).

so using this system, a central midfielder with a deep attacking & wide left run, would make runs into the FL position.

2. Team Talks

Pretty self explanitory - we need to be able to tell players when we're unhappy or happy with their performances.

3. Discipline

A disciplinary system is something I really miss from the game. My goalkeeper performed a 3, letting in 5 goals - the only way I could show my dissatisfaction was to transfer list him immediately. I'd rather have been able to fine his ass into next thursday.

Conclusion

With these 3 things added I'd be much happier with the game, while at the same time it still keeps it simple- and fast-to-use.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Couldn't you have shown your dissatisfaction by dropping him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd drop him for a 5.

dropping is not harsh enough for a 3.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alwinder:

sounds good. How about also adding in the option of exchanging players when offering a bid for a new player, e.g £10m player; offer £4m in cash and a £6m player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This should be a definate inclusion, plus Wigan should have more money icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Couldn't you have shown your dissatisfaction by dropping him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd drop him for a 5.

dropping is not harsh enough for a 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree!

My favourite sport is to release any youth player who is stupid enough to get a serious injury on a free transfer!!

Not wasting money on wages or doctors!! icon_wink.gif

I think it's a bit soon for PSP team talks TBH. Everyone coped without them for years in the PC game.

There are 3 or 4 major additions to include before niceties like team talks (like international management, and making the game editable).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by christiano:

I think it's a bit soon for PSP team talks TBH. Everyone coped without them for years in the PC game.

There are 3 or 4 major additions to include before niceties like team talks (like international management, and making the game editable). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

editing in a game of this style is a luxury - it's simply not needed.

International Management is needed, but let's get the club management working first. I don't see the point in adding International management to the PSP seeing how awful it is on the PC version.

Archived