Fan Days

fanday.jpg

As you can see above, I received no notification whatsoever that there was a fan day upcoming, is this normal? I've never had a fan day before.

My eyebrows raised in pre-match when my assistant (whos teamtalk decisions are usually pretty spot on) suggested I "do it for the fans", which is pretty abnormal considering Kilmarnock are not rivals. Regardless, I go with it and take a comfortable 1-0 lead going into halftime. Again I ask for advice and again he says "do it for the fans", but this time I think he's mad and pick "encourage" instead, which results in me scraping out a 2-1 victory with a late penalty by the skin of our teeth. It was only afterwards I read that it was a fan day and the suggested team talks made sense to me, as it's totally logical to say "do it for the fans" on fan days, but how can I know it's a fan day if I get no notice about it beforehand?

You usually do get a notice.

I've always been told that certain matches will be selected for fan days beforehand. Fan days are a way for the club to increase attendance when attendance hasn't exactly been up to par.

I doubt for the fans had anything to do with the fan day to be honest because my Ass Man does suggests it even when I'm not playing rivals or on a fan day. I could be wrong though so you shouldn't quote me on that.

Ah my bad, there was one 3 days previous that I somehow missed, forgive me it's late to be awake and I somehow missed it. Feel free to close this mods.

And the reason your assman says for the fans all the time is because he's not very good at giving teamtalks, while mine is actually pretty spot on most of the time and would never have suggested it otherwise, so it definitely seems beneficial to do it for the fans on a fan day I'd say.

Ah my bad, there was one 3 days previous that I somehow missed, forgive me it's late to be awake and I somehow missed it. Feel free to close this mods.

And the reason your assman says for the fans all the time is because he's not very good at giving teamtalks, while mine is actually pretty spot on most of the time and would never have suggested it otherwise, so it definitely seems beneficial to do it for the fans on a fan day I'd say.

Well actually, my assistant suggests it quite often, usually successfully. :)

Archived