Defender Discussion

Sorry guys, no glory, I want everyone to post their best defenders here - enough space is dedicated to strikers and midfielders - but what's the point scoring 4 when you concede 5?

For example:

As liverpool - have found Carragher to be remarkably poor (even though IRL he is solid as a rock) - all 5's 6's and the odd 7. Daniel Agger on the other hand is a reasonable performer, very consistent.

But lets not belittle our under performers - I want to know who's great!

Sorry guys, no glory, I want everyone to post their best defenders here - enough space is dedicated to strikers and midfielders - but what's the point scoring 4 when you concede 5?

For example:

As liverpool - have found Carragher to be remarkably poor (even though IRL he is solid as a rock) - all 5's 6's and the odd 7. Daniel Agger on the other hand is a reasonable performer, very consistent.

But lets not belittle our under performers - I want to know who's great!

Ah, I see you have taste!

Dario Srna is very good and versatile can play in defence or midfield either left or right. I find he plays best in defence and can score important goals.

Eduardo Ratinho is very good, will score a few goals also and has excellent stats (Defender Right).

I have Anthony Vanden Borre in my squad but he generally scores a 6 and is rather disappointing, I try to play him either on the right side of centre defence or right back - anyone know his best position?

I'm having trouble finding an accomplished centre back who can come straight into to my first team. I'd like someone who plays consistently well, and could fit into my elite Liverpool squad - Can anyone help? icon_rolleyes.gif

I think defenders ratings are always low if your team wins matches. In my St.Johnstone game I have won went through a whole season unbeaten and my defenders all had average ratings of below 7.

Strikers and midfielders ratings were all much better averaging at least 7.50/8.00 so I don't think it's anything to worry about as long as the team is winning.

I had a chelsea game where my centre backs were terry and vincent kompany and they still got poor ratings.

I have just finished my first season with Liverpool and conceded 46 goals in 64 games, which I am quite happy with for my first season.

My defenders are as follows:-

DL - Riise 7.16

DR - Vanden Borre 7.24

DC - Milito 7.14

DC - Carragher 6.60

Subs

DL/R - Rosenior 7.33 (Only played 3 games for me though)

DC - Kompany 6.86

DC - King 6.60

My defence usually seems pretty solid, although it is a bit annoying when I keep a clean sheet and my centre backs only get 6 or 7 ratings generally. The only exception to this seems to be Milito. For some reason, my fullbacks always get 7-8 ratings, but I guess that is to do with the stlye I play.

If you are looking for a player to buy, I would suggest Milito as DC. Also Vanden Borre is a must for DR, always gets up the pitch and gets the crosses in for Cisse to bang home icon_wink.gif

Leumir, the right back second only to rafinha in the game. u can get him for 400k at the start.

For left back Filipe (or is it Felipe)is the cheap substitue for chilleni, is my choice, but i forgot if he is worth below 1m.

Its true that center halves don't get many high ratings, so you don't really know how well they are doing. Rincon(with funny letters so just search Man Utd) has pretty crazy stats after a season or two. Dominic Shimmin is another good bloomer for below 1m.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

Some quality defenders for later in the game:

Roberto Garcia Ramos

Diego Villa

Andre Barbosa

Rafael Sanchez

Sebastien Sanchez

Daniel Miguel

Giovanni Romano

Jorge Suarez

Miguel Angel Medina

Nuno Gomes

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> How about posting some decent purchases for lower league teams - most of the players in this thread are fine .... if you have several million to spend ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sebastien Sanchez came up through my youth system, so cost nothing and plays very well as DC or RB and some of the others only cost a couple of million, but can be sold for a lot more.

A couple of cheap, but quality defenders later in the game are:

Name Position Club[i/][b/] Fee[i/][b/] Value[i/][b/]

Eduardo Filipe DL Gremio £220k £3.2M

Manuel Coelho DC Atletico Paranaense £1.6m £20.5M

Armando Jorge D/DMC Cruzeiro FREE £19.5m

Billy Jones - Crewe. I got him for my Spurs team (after missing out on Vanden Borre), thinking he'd be good back up. However, he's 'shone' so much in training and reserves that he's broken into the first team and never looked back.

Archived