Steam Connection Error

I've got a strange problem with Steam at the moment. When I load up FM, I get this message:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3694/76622977.jpg

As far as I'm aware, my internet connection is fine - hence why I'm here posting this now I guess! I know I can start the game without Steam, but that's not really what I want as I've got a network of friends I talk to while playing. This hasn't been a problem at all (apart from a few instances) until today. I've restarted the computer to no avail as well.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure it's something simple but I'm not ever so computer literate. I've tried searching, but it didn't show any similar issues to this so hopefully this isn't a repost of something that's already been dealt with.

Thanks. :thup:

That's OK Peter - I can run it without Steam OK, but I like to use Steam as I've got quite a few contacts on there I usually natter away to.

I've not downloaded or installed any firewalls, although I looked at 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security' and couldn't find Steam listed on there. I've no idea really whether or not that's significant, although Football Manager is listed with a tick, meaning it's allowed or whatever the proper terminology may be.

Thanks though.

EDIT: Oh and I'm on Vista fwiw.

Alright, cheers. :thup:

EDIT: I've just loaded it up now to check something, and lo and behold it's running as normal. I don't expect it to last though, going by previous experiences. Strange things, computers.

Archived