How do i buy it for Mac?

I kinda got screwed since i bought an Apple Mac. I saved my game files from the PC, but i just realized that Steam is not available for a Mac. So..... how do i install the game now? I tried searching through here but i got lost one too many times.

Thanks guys and have a great Sunday!

thanks dude. I really appreciated your help :)

No worries. It's hard finding Mac info around here, but let me know if you need anything. You may find issues installing the latest patch, (you'll not be able to bid on a player in game), which will require you to completely erase WWSM from your Mac and re-install. I know many guys ran into that problem. It's not nearly as intensive as it sounds, and trust me, it's worth it. My Macbook absolutely KILLS my PC, that had a faster processor. The Mac is so much more stable.

As a Mac user I don't know how Steam works, but isn't it possible to put the Steam version on a disc somehow? As you don't need a reg key for Mac anyway.

You know, I'm not sure. I think there may be a problem with extracting the file once you get it onto a Mac, but I don't know. I bought the game from Steam on my PC but never tried this.

I just wanted to say congratulations on buying a superior computer and operating system, thats all :D

Hahaha, yeah dito!!

Anyhoe, just a little tip from my own experience. Unlike PC's which mainly require high processing power, Macs eat RAM for breakfast. Get as much RAM in there as possible. And don't buy your RAM cards through Apple, they overprice them immensly. You can just buy your RAM cards at the local PC-shop. Make sure you have the right type though.

I haven't followed the "market" lately, but I think it should be fairly economical nowadays to pop about 8 Gyg of RAM (2 times 4) in there. Should give you a monster of a machine.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I thought that the prices of 4 GB Ram Cards had dropped considerably since the last time I looked at them, but they are still quite pricy.

Hahaha, yeah dito!!

Anyhoe, just a little tip from my own experience. Unlike PC's which mainly require high processing power, Macs eat RAM for breakfast. Get as much RAM in there as possible. And don't buy your RAM cards through Apple, they overprice them immensly. You can just buy your RAM cards at the local PC-shop. Make sure you have the right type though.

I haven't followed the "market" lately, but I think it should be fairly economical nowadays to pop about 8 Gyg of RAM (2 times 4) in there. Should give you a monster of a machine.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I thought that the prices of 4 GB Ram Cards had dropped considerably since the last time I looked at them, but they are still quite pricy.

Crucial is a great site for Mac RAM. I've read that some Macs have issues with certain brands of RAM but Crucial is assured to work. I bought 4gb of RAM from there for about 60 US dollars.

Archived