Players in your U18 squad

Quick question: I was having a massive clear out in the summer of my youth/reserve squad players that won't make the grade, when I noticed that I have a 21 year old in the U18s. Would this guy have been getting games, and if not, why does the game allow you to put players older than 18 into the U18 squad?

Quick question: I was having a massive clear out in the summer of my youth/reserve squad players that won't make the grade, when I noticed that I have a 21 year old in the U18s. Would this guy have been getting games, and if not, why does the game allow you to put players older than 18 into the U18 squad?

When you look at the 21 year old player, he should have INE next to his name stating him ineligible to play for the u18's clearly because he is too old.

Because you may put your players wherever you want^^

I assume that he wasn't allowed to play for the U18 anymore and therefore he didn't play any matches there. But maybe he got match practice in your Reserve team (your assistant manager might play him though he's in another squad).

I'm not actually at home at the mo so I can't check, but he probably does have INE next to his name.

At what point do players become ineligable? Is it the day they turn 19 or is it something more complicated? For example in the current U21 championship, players who were under 21 on the date of the first game of the qualifiers are eligable for the whole tournament.

At what point do players become ineligable? Is it the day they turn 19 or is it something more complicated? For example in the current U21 championship, players who were under 21 on the date of the first game of the qualifiers are eligable for the whole tournament.

It actually tells you at the bottom left of the U18 players screen

Archived