Decimated squad...

I'm currently facing a problem, which whilst I've faced before, I've not faced in such severity in recent times. I'm just wondering of other people's experiences with it.

I normally have a very strong strike force, that I've also thought would be more than capable of lasting through the worst case without much hassle. Looks like that theory is going to get tested.

In my strike force, I could break it down very easily (they're all regens by the way, I might rate then just for comparison sake):

Rob Buxton: Quick and Tall, scores a lot of goals, but not as great on the assists front. (7)

Lorenzo Guignard: More of a center forward, scores plenty of goals though, along with a ton of assists. (7)

Alvaro: Not exactly consistant, but these days he hasn't had to be. More of a cameo striker, still scores in excess of 20 goals a season. (6)

Kim: Young Korean center forward, has yet to make an impact for various reasons, but certainly has the potential to. (5)

Then there's the youngsters:

Denis Rosler: Young German striker, good all round, has shown he can score and improving constantly. (4)

Alex Wittwer: Another young German, apparently a better striker than Rosler, has never shown it though.(~4)

Alfonso: Just signed from Barcelona, looks like he has some potential, has yet to play at any level for the club yet, so I'll have to wait and see.(3)

Tom Holzhauser: 15 year old German (There's seriously a flood of German talent, probably because I spent most of my time scouting there). Not really upto it yet.(2)

Stephen Dawson: 18 years old, and pointless, will be released at the end of the season. (2)

James Hodgekinson: 16 years old and not worth my time, at least not yet. (1)

In this system, Star would be 7, top quality player would be 6. 5 would be good premiership player, 4 would be worthwhile Premiership striker/ top end championship striker.

Anyhow, so that's literally all of the strikers I have at my disposal. Now let's have a look at what's happened:

Rob Buxton and Alvaro were injured, Alvaro coming on in that match with 10 minutes to go to replace the injured Buxton, before being injured 5 minutes later. Buxton out for 3 weeks, Alvaro out for 6. Rosler also started in this match, injured for 2 weeks.

Okay, that's not too bad. Dawson and Hodgekinson (who I would likely never play) are also out at this time. No matter, I have Kim, Guignard, Wittwer, Alfonso and Holzhauser to call upon, might be just the chance Kim needed in fact. All's going well, Kim scores two and sets up one, Guignard gets two as we thrash Ipswich in the first half, 5-0. Kim is then sent of for quote: "Injuring a player"... Straight red. It then turns out Holzhauser has injured in training too, not serious though, leaving me for the next match with Guignard, Alfonso and Wittwer! Yay!

Had to happen at some point though.

You would think it was the pitch or weather, but it actually wasn't.

There we fractured ribs, a damaged elbow and a bruised thigh... Hmmm... I should have probably read what that one was. Rosler should be back before the next match hopefully.

The other issue I'm facing is that the squad now requires a massive shake up due to aging players and a couple who have become bored after being there for so many years.

1-0 away win. Awesome, Wittwer failed to perform, but hey, he's young.

then stick to your tactics it seems it's working , just hope you don't get more injury's

and look for your physio department maybe you have to hire some new ones

It's died down now, after a few weeks. Thankfully I've had a very light run of matches, and the midfielders, especially 22 year old Bach have done the buisness. I've got Buxton and Kim back, though Kim would be kicking himself, a good 3-4 matches worth of being first choice would have given him an actual chance of cracking the top 3's monopoly on game time. I can't complain though, it's Feb and the Buxton-Guignard partnership has yielded 39 goals in all competitions, adding in Alvaro that figure is around 54. Not bad between 3 strikers.

I just love how a bunch of little injuries and a suspencion shredded my forward line within a couple of days.

Archived