Press Conference Problem - Game Shutting Down

I am having problems every single time I start a new season with FM 2009, i have tried the 1st, 2nd and 3rd patches, but I still get the same problem. It is annoying me so much as I have never been past July 2008 during the game and I do not even know what the games is properly like. During the in game date between 11-17th July, the game asks me to attend a press conference. When I click on attend, a blue screen appears without anything on it, after a minute or so of waiting, the game crashes and a message comes up saying - "Attempted to create widget in invalid column, or table has no TABLE_LAYOUT." I do not know what this means and I have looked if there has been another member with a problem like this on the forums, but I have never come across anybody who knows anything about this problem. I don't know what to do to correct this problem, is there anyone that can help me please?

Thanks very much.

I suspect that there is a file missing from the original installation. Try uninstalling, clear out the cache folder, reinstall, patch to 9.3.0 and try again.

I have un-installed and then re-installed the game and I have installed the new patch but then I have other problems with the 3rd patch.

It seems to me that all the patches have problems with them. When are they going to release a game, that when you buy it and play it for the first time, you do not get any problems. Then you add 1 patch and have another problem, then you add a 2nd patch and more problems, then the 3rd and so on. It happens every year!

Archived