Help with installing FM 2009

I've just bought a brand new laptop and like any self respecting FM the first thing I did was buy FM2009 and try and install it. It gets to the installation screen fine but then a message pops up saying "Insert New Media" and "Please insert FM2009 or locate in manually". It gives me a "browse" box so I went into it located my dvd drive (which was reading the game fine) and clicked on it but the same message just keeps popping up! Any body got any idea's?

Thanks.

Try taking the disc out and putting it back in again :thup:

Tried all the usual fixing a problem stuff like taking the disc out, turning the laptop off then on again and giving it a "gentle" tap but nothing seams to be working. I wondered if it was something more technical? Does anything need to be installed on my computer first before the game can be downloaded?

• 3 months later...
Tried all the usual fixing a problem stuff like taking the disc out, turning the laptop off then on again and giving it a "gentle" tap but nothing seams to be working. I wondered if it was something more technical? Does anything need to be installed on my computer first before the game can be downloaded?

hi,i was running footyman 2009 fine on my laptop then i decided to wipe it/format,and now when i try to reinstall footyman 2009,it says exactly the same,have you contacted si,ant=y joy?

It might sound obvious but does your computer have a dvd and not a cd drive? The game this year comes on a dvd not cd.

I don't think that this is his problem as he mentioned that he could see the 'installation screen.' Unfortunately, I don't have any other advice for the OP. Good luck though...

Tried all the usual fixing a problem stuff like taking the disc out, turning the laptop off then on again and giving it a "gentle" tap but nothing seams to be working. I wondered if it was something more technical?

Definatly something more technical. Try giving it a harder tap mate.

Archived