Help - Cannot get the game to load

Hi,

I have just bought FM2009 today and installed it via steam, entered my correct product code, created an account, downloaded the patch and then clicked launch and nothing happened, the game simply wouldnt load which was annoying after an hour of waiting for the update;

I uninstalled steam and football manager, restarted my computer, installed it again via internet activation (without steam), it all seemed to install smoothly until I try to start fm.exe and I am met with an error message saying; 'the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). click on OK to terminate application'. I tried uninstalling and re-installing again but it still didnt work.

Extremely frustrating especially as there is no help with installation in the handbook except 'follow the simple steps and install football manager'.

I would appreciate help,

Thankyou

I copied the following from another thread:

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

It's a well known problem so you might want to search the forums for more information.

Also try upgrading your Java, Direct X and PC Drivers and also install the SDK Package, available to download from the Microsoft Website :thup:

HTH :)

Thanks guys hopefully this will work. I have just had my computer fixed and although data was saved, programs were all deleted so that may be the problem (i wont have java or any microsoft updates)

Yes!

Thanks for the help it works. I cant describe my joy when seeing my screen go black and the sports interactive logo appearing before my eyes.

Thanks guys;

Or maybe I shouldnt thank you seeing as my university education is about to be destroyed.

Archived