Retirement?

I have two questions to ask about players retiring and their future...

1. What age do they do this...I just got a whole lot of retirement notices and out of 13 retirees...10 were 25 or under, is this a little bit early, i realise some were semi-pro, but one of them was tipped to become a decent Championship midfielder, but retired at 18

2. How can you tell if they will be good as a staff member...in the future

1. Players without a club for a period of time, particularly those with a low reputation, will retire. You got notifications because they are on your shortlist, yet either you didn't wish to sign them or they didn't wish to sign for you.

2. You cannot until they reach a retirement age and come up with a Staff Profile. Not all players do that and you can get an indication of the intentions of an aging player by looking at his Personal screen. Some may say they don't want to stay in the game after retirement, others will want to be coaches, managers, assistants, etc. Some may be undecided, in which case you have the ability to tempt them with contracts and media comments. You don't know how good they will be unless the get this Staff Profile, at which point you can offer them a coach/assistant contract if they're good, however, generally a better player will be a better staff member.

If you know that they have good determination, professionalism etc. then they will have good mental stats as a coach - which figures into their star ratings. But I think their coaching stats are related to how good a player they are in general.

Archived