Friends ReUnited

Whilst playing FM, i saw a hint & tip saying if a player is at one of his favourite clubs his performances will increase or something like that - you get the drift

Which gave me an idea, what if i create a team and fill it with people and their favoured personnell?

It was hard figureing out who to start with as i didnt want anyone whos favoured personell only had them as favoured personell other wise the team would consist of maybe four people

I also wanted a British manager, so, after a few tries, i ended up with Paul Ince

Now to make sure i didnt have every player/manager etc. in the game at the club i decided to only take those whose rating was 70 or over, also no big names were taken, i.e. say a player liked Steven Gerrard, he then likes most of the England squad and so on untill the team is full of big name players, one more thing, as a lot of players have managers as favourites i limited these to 3 as my coaches are all manager in their own right

The team is called Friends ReUnited, or the BFFs for short

Their Chairman is Saul Goode (made up)

They are based in London and play at Highbury, they have taken Blackpool's spot in the Championship (sorry to any Blackpool fans)

Their Staff and Team is as follows

Manager: Paul Ince

Ass Man: Mark Venus, Ray Mathias, Graham Barrow

Coach: Tony Mowbray, Dave Jones, George Burley

Gk Coach: Malcom Webster, Paul Jones

Fitness Coach: Duncan Russell

Youth Coach: Paul Power, Alex Gibson, Jim Cassell

Physio: Joe Hinnigan

Scout: Alex Smith, Barry Poynton, Tommy McLean, Simon Hunt

GK: Bartosz Bialkowski

GK: Kelvin Davis

GK: Paul Jones (Player/Coach)

GK: Richard Wright

DRC: Martin Craine

DRL: Chris Gunter

DRC: Martin Taylor

DR, DM: Jermaine Wright

DR, MC: Darcy Blake

DL, AMLC: Mark Kennedy

DC: Lorenzo Amoruso

DC: Craig Moore

C/WB/ML: Gareth Bale

DM, AMC: Joey Barton

MLC: Joe Ledley

MC: David Dunn

MC: Aaron Ramsey

MC: Nathan Dyer

AMRLC: Jason Koumas

AMRLC: Charlie Moore

AMR: Shaun Wright-Phillips

AMRL, FC: Steven Naismith

AMR, FC: Bradley Wright-Phillips

AML, ST: Lee McChulloch

AMC: Keith Andrews

ST: Kris Boyd

ST: Cameron Jerome

Am testing the database at the moment so all goes well will update on how they do tonight

Any predictions?

Will the team morale really help the team up the league?

How will Paul Ince handle his first job since Blackburn?

Will the prescence of Joey Barton disrupt the harmony or will he finally settle down at the club?

August 4th 2008

A slow start to July but some good results late on in the month

Kicked things off with a 2-1 defeat away to Notts Co, Jason Koumas netting

Two days later saw another away trip this time to Darlington, 2-2 draw, better result but not really what was expected, Ramsey and Boyd getting on the scoresheet

Then saw two signings, the first was Elliot Ward - £1.9m from Coventry, followed by Anthony Kay from Tranmere for £70k

These new faces couldnt help results though as Friends lost away to Shrewsbury, again 2-1, Cameron Jerome this time with the consolation

However just two days later the BFFs were onto winning ways, again away, Cambridge proved no match and a brace from Dunn sealed it, 2-0

Another new face was brought in, this time an Arsenal player, Thomas Cruise for £325k, if hes anything like his name sake he'll be running his little backside off

He didn't play in the next game though, a 3-0 thrashing of Yeovil, again away, Boyd Barton and Koumas all netting with Ward picking up the MOTM

And finally the first home game of the season and last friendly, also arguably the best result so far, Stoke were the visitors and the result was 3-2 a home win against a Premiership side, Dunn Barton and Boyd all score, Gunter MOTM

They should do well in the Championship, but that's more to do with the ability of the squad than who they have listed as a favourite team/personnel.

Perhaps a way of testing this is to create 2 identical teams and all their players, with one difference being that one set of players has their team listed as a favourite and the others don't? Hmm, this is something I might try, could even throw a 3rd team into the mix, with players who dislike their own club/manager/team-mates.......

Archived