3 separate (but small issues/qestions)

1. Bug?

I started my game as Celtic manager (Having used the editor to plop Celtic and Rangers into the EPL) and I immediately sold Cillian Sheridan to Stockport for free with a £2m buy back clause.

I'm now in year 2018 and he still hasn't left my squad lists, even tho he has moved to a number of clubs since. His stats still come up on the 'player stats' window in my home screen (he's my top goalscorer! Even tho he plays for Middlesbough).

(In my squad list he has an 'ine' mark at his name which means he ineligible. But why is he in my squad list at all?)

Is this a bug?

Pics:

Home page:

homepagegqo.jpg

Sheridan being 'ine' in my U18s:

u18s.jpg

Sheridans Career:

cscareer.jpg

2.Expectations?

In the same game as above, I'm doing quite well. Finished 3rd in the EPL my first two seasons, then after a few key signings and a vigorous youth signing policy I have now won the EPL 7 times on the trot.

After my first 2 league wins my boards expectations grew and I was told that the minimum expectation was to win the EPL. Fine. But last year at the start of the season my board said that the minimum expectation was to achieve a respectable position in the league. I obviously told them I could win the EPL and duly did.

Why a sudden change in expectation?

Is it a bug?

3. I signed a regen defender called Bilal Gueguen and he is the rock in my defence. In a game against Liverpool my world beaters struggled to a 2-2 draw in a game that we really should have won. I let them know post match that it really wasn't good enough and I let Bilal know that his two costly mistakes is not what is expected from an international defender.

He immediately complains about how I talk to the players in team talks. Now my assistant is telling me pre-match that: "Bilal Geaguen is finding it hard to motivate himself for a manager with such a low standing in the game."

What? 7 times EPL winner, 3 time CL winner, 4 FA cups, 1 world cup (with Spain) and one confed cup (With Spain). Why does this player think I'm a nobody.

He doesn't have a 'slight concern' any more he's happy playing for the club.

Is there any way for me to fix my relationship with him?

Pic:

bildms.jpg

Thanks for reading, and thanks for advice!

For the last one, I've seen it said by SI in another thread that the "finding it hard to motivate himself" line is just incorrect wording - it appears whenever the player doesn't like you for some reason, regardless of if it's concerning reputation.

The player not leaving your squad list is a bug I've seen mentioned elsewhere.

As for expectations - unless you badly need the transfer money, always select low expectations: it makes them love you more when you massively exceed them. Might be a bug - but capitalise.

Point 1: I've got 2 players in my squad like this. It's really annoying and I just can't shift them. I faffed about with the editor too - I put that down as the reason. I've just upped their ages to 45 hoping that they'll retire and disappear from the game.

Point 3: 'manager with low standing'- that might refer not to your current achievements, but to your history. Are you an ex-international player yourself? If not, that's what he means. Solution - either pamper his ass or sell him!

Just a question did you load the SPL?

Because sometimes bugs happen when you dont load the league you took a team from.

I didn't... that might be the reason...

I's a pity I've now spent over 14 playing days on this save file and I'm in the year 2018...

Also I started this game pre the 9.3 update... :rolleyes

Archived