Reserve Striker help please

As the title suggests I just have a quick question regarding backup strikers.

I play with a targetman and a fast striker now if the targetman gets injured is it possible to play a pacy striker in his place or is it best to stay with the reseve targetman so as not to upset the balance of the team?

And what if the pacy striker gets injured?

Any help will be grateful

Personally I'd put the reserve TM in, but that depends a lot on how good he is. Generally my backups are nearly as good as the first choice which helps. With two pacey strikers you'd have to play a more central tactic with less width and wing play but more through balls.

In saying that, I remember when my main TM got injured early in a game and my sub striker was a fast striker, so I put him as the TM but changed TM supply to 'run onto ball' instead of 'to head' and it worked quite well.

As for playing two TM, its possible but you'd have to keep whipping the crosses in and try to get as many corners as possible. I generally play the targetman/pacey striker combo but I sometimes play two TM against defences that have short defenders. I tell my CMs to try more long shots, which weren't likely to go in of course, but the keeper kept pushing them away for corners, and if you get 10 corners a game with two burly TM, you're bound to get a goal or two there...

Archived