High appearance fees?

Has anyone else had a problem with players asking for unusually high appearance fees in relation to the rest of the squad, i have around 5 players in the last year of their contracts asking for to me huge appearance fees, and i refuse to gived them that much, in the end i will probably lose them all because of this, i have already lost one player because of it...

Anyone else had this problem...

Yeah I have had this with a few players, one of my players wants over 20,000 per game just to turn up. I dont want to pay players over 10,000 tbh. It really annoys me that a slight change to this will cause them to reject the contract. There needs to be greater contract negotiations with current players. I find negotiating a contract for a player to buy is a lot easier in terms of reducing their demands, maybe because the club rep has a large bearing for them to move.

Yeah i tend to be the same, anything over 10k is to much for me, i don't know what makes them want so much, the key players don't get as much as they are demanding so its not as if they should feel they are undervalued...

Model Professionals always seem to want the same wage and bonuses each time I offer them a new contract.

I think its to do with ambition maybe, really ambitious players will want us much money as they can get. I tend to only buy professional players when I can and they seem to be pretty good, just one of mine marked as a 'Leader' wants stupid amounts for the bonuses.

I hate when a young kid thats only going to get a few games and maybe loaned out asks for huge amounts.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone else had a problem with players asking for unusually high appearance fees in relation to the rest of the squad, i have around 5 players in the last year of their contracts asking for to me huge appearance fees, and i refuse to gived them that much, in the end i will probably lose them all because of this, i have already lost one player because of it...

Anyone else had this problem...

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my findings with Liverpool - in case you find it helpful

So

All players (Except N'Gog - probably cause he is from the youth), gets an appearance fee which is 10% of their base weekly wage

GK gets 3 x their app fee as a Clean Sheet bonus (good thing reina lets in a few now and then)

Defenders "only" gets the 10% app fee

Midfielders (DM and MC/MR/ML) gets 1/4 of their app fee as a goal bonus

Attacking midfielders (AMC/L/R gets 1/2 their app fee as a goal bonus

(as this is based on the position they are listed to play - not the one you pick for them - maybe this explains why some of them find it "hard" to learn to play normal MC/DM instead of AM

Strikers gets 100% of their app fee as goal bonus, so keep those calculators handy, when torres starts banging them in

hehe maybe this is why Benites, sometimes - doesn't jump up and down with joy when babel bangs in a goal from the wing as he knows he will have to pay him goal bonus as a striker....damn there goes another xk....hehe

I wonder if this is the same for all the teams or if the "formula" differs

Also as asked before - I wonder if this is what a new player bases his demands on and if you then change that either pay him "less" than everyone else in the squad or more than everyone else - what sort of problems this creates ? hehe

But for those few (weeeman excepted as he scored the jackpot

who are having problems with liverpool - try to add it up for a game...it is quite staggering amounts - say you beat hull 7-0 ,.....maybe get on a newbie defender so you will conscede a goal....

Actually just got an answer to one of my own raised questions in prev post....

As was negotiating new player contract with Player x and Player Y, they follow the exact same formula, so

Player X asked for 34k per week + 3400 app fee (10%) and + 3400 Goal bonus (100% app fee - as he is striker)

Player Y asked for 57,5k per week + 5750 app fee (10%) and + 2800Goal Bonus (50% app fee - as he is AML)

So I suppose it is ok, to lower the bonus fee if you can lower their basic wage, as long as you keep the formula the same - so they don't feel treated "worse" than everyone else....poor poor pro footballers....hehe

Anyway would like to hear if all teams use the same type of formula, cause in that case it should be easy to predict what they should get in comparison to the rest of the squad and if they ask for higher percentage than other (same position - what they can play not what you use them at) players ask for - then surely this is the same as the player demanding to be transfer listed/refusing contract ?

Archived