A Captain's stamina

Do any of you consider stamina when choosing a captain?

I know it's not one of the most important attributes compared to influence, determination, teamwork etc. when deciding who you want to lead you team but would you want you captain to get fatigued so easily that you had to take him off for danger of him making a vital mistake in say the 60th minute? I think it's quite important that your captain lasts the full 90mins in a high percentage of your games in a season. I have started taking notice of this of late for this precise reason. Your thoughts?

Nah.

Length of time at club, determination, influence and my overall opinion of him; has to be in the first team constantly and have something special to his game, like scoring belters when I need them :rolleyes:

Yes obviously length of time at the club, nationality, personality etc. come into that frame aswell when picking your captain but I was talking attributewise. So you seriously don't care if he has a poor stamina rating? :rolleyes:

I do think it's a factor, although not a major one (although I try not to sign players with poor Stamina/Natural Fitness, not just captains).

I don't know if it happens for everyone, but when I substitute my captain, my whole team's performances plummet - and the new captain on the pitch is almost as good as my true captain. Which is why, yes, it might be a factor - but I wouldn't put a huge price on it.

I've never really thought about picking high stamina players for captains as such, but I have had to recently change my current captain's instructions so that he doesn't get as tired. I genuinely have no idea what the impact on the match engine that taking your captain off is, but I suspect it's not positive.

Yeah, it's pretty important for me, no use having a captain if he is exhausted by half time.

Of course if a captain is a CB or GK then stamina isn't so important, it all depends on the position they play in.

Archived