Training schedules for WSM

Hello.

All the training schedules posted on this forum are made by European users who play "football manager," the european version of the game. I live in North America and am forced to play Worldwide soccer manager, the north american version of football manager. It is exactly the same game but "FM" files will not open with WSM. So I can't open any of the FM training schedules.

If anyone knows where I can just find screenshots of training schedules, just screenshots of the slider bars, and then I can copy them, or if anyone knows of any WSM training schedules to download, please let me and every other WSM player know here!

Thank you!

I download them and click them and it says they cant be opened with WSM or something like that, "cant be opened" type of thing. it's either that or the fact that eveyrone else uses a PC and I use a mac. Regardless what I need is training schedules for WSM or just screenshots. Just one screenshot of the training sliding bars is all. There's gotta be some out there or someone willing to do that. They take the time to post the long posts and upload the files and create them and everything, why can't they just add a screenshot too in the topic to help us poor WSM souls? :p

You're putting the file in the wrong spot. I play WSM as well. When you download a tactic or training file, instead of opening it, copy the file and go to My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 -> tactics (or schedules)

OH sorry, you're on a Mac.

Try finding where your data files are. There will be a folder for tactics and one for schedules. Move the downloaded files there.

Yeah, I can assure you that most downloads are 100% compatible between the U.S. and European version; you can also play networked games between FM and WWSM with no problem.

The downloads that aren't compatible are always the ones which try to be too smart for their own good, and control the location of the files for you - the location is wrong for Mac or WWSM. All of those you should be able to fix by clever copying, as Dregganor has pointed out.

The one un-fixable item is that the save-game editor doesn't work, because it looks for memory being used by the application "fm.exe" instead of "wwsm.exe".

The one un-fixable item is that the save-game editor doesn't work, because it looks for memory being used by the application "fm.exe" instead of "wwsm.exe".

Although I'm fairly sure that by editing the name of the program to fm.exe and then changing the path of the shortcut, save-game editors will work too. I changed my path from wwsm.exe to fm.exe so my game would show up as Football Manager 2009 on Xfire, and that worked. I have yet to try using an editor, but I assume it would work.

Okay but how do I download training schedules and make them work? I put a downloaded "tactic" into the tactics folder but there does not seem to be a training schedules folder where I can be put the downloaded training schedules with the .tsh at the end of htem.

Although I'm fairly sure that by editing the name of the program to fm.exe and then changing the path of the shortcut, save-game editors will work too. I changed my path from wwsm.exe to fm.exe so my game would show up as Football Manager 2009 on Xfire, and that worked. I have yet to try using an editor, but I assume it would work.

Sweet - nice trick and should work for the save-game editor too.

Archived