FM '09. Worst manager award... and the winner is

Oescus!! My claims to this prestigious award are as follows. My own tactics always fall down on the creative freedom, closing down and passing patterns, as in the TT&F guide. I can never put the defend, support and attack onto the correct slider number. For instance, passing for defending players should be on direct. But where exactly on direct? I seem to have used every notch from 14 up to 19 and still I can't seem to get it right. The same applies to the other two parts, as mentioned above.

I have used tactics downloaded and my own. After about half a dozen league games it always starts to unravel. No matter how I react to my ass. man's information [ we are misplacing long/short passes] he will always come back after the required fifteen minutes and tell me we are still getting it wrong!

I wasn't sure if this should have been posted in the tactics forum. As the title is not really tactics orientated I decided to post it here. If I am wrong, would one of you "mods" please do the honours and "transfer" it? Kind regards.

I was like you not long ago.

I've never had success on FM but at the moment I'm first with Liverpool and topped my Champions league group. I made a rather marvellous tactic some nice, free flowing football. My only complain is my inability to keep many clean sheets.

Oescus - I'm sorry to hear you are struggling on the game.

Have you tried downloading my 4-4-1-1 tactic set yet? If not, then perhaps try giving it a go as I think you might be able to get some enjoyment from them and perhaps learn something from them too.

If there is anything I can do to offer advice or help, then please let me know.

I know you have worked hard at the game and it is a pity to see you are getting frustrated.

C.

I wasn't sure if this should have been posted in the tactics forum. As the title is not really tactics orientated I decided to post it here. If I am wrong, would one of you "mods" please do the honours and "transfer" it? Kind regards.

Depends if your after advice or want to generally discuss the award you claim... which by the way is here...

home_bathroom_toilet.jpg

;)

Oescus - I'm sorry to hear you are struggling on the game.

Have you tried downloading my 4-4-1-1 tactic set yet? If not, then perhaps try giving it a go as I think you might be able to get some enjoyment from them and perhaps learn something from them too.

If there is anything I can do to offer advice or help, then please let me know.

I know you have worked hard at the game and it is a pity to see you are getting frustrated.

C.

Nice to see you are back "C". I didn't know that you had a new set, I'll look for them now and speak to over on the other "channel".

Depends if your after advice or want to generally discuss the award you claim... which by the way is here...

home_bathroom_toilet.jpg

;)

Nice reposte, heathxxx. I've always admired real class! I was only trying to see if there was anyone as bad as myself but I found myself going off at a tangent [whatever that is]. Kind regards.

The only problem with a golden toilet though... little chilly on the buttocks!

You do realise what you've let yourself in for now though...

This may become the unofficial "Anti-Records Thread" :D

Archived