Question?

Has anyone here ever played a save game with a club without making any signings and only worked with the current players and youth players coming through the club???? i have set my self a challenge of doing this with man utd and see how long i can go without disgracing the club

Will be an interesting challenge, but there's already a great and youngish 1st team squad, with some excellent prospects coming through to help you avoid signing players for many years to come. In FM09 the longevity of players is much better (although a matter of opinion) than previous versions. Some have seen Rio Ferdinand playing into his late 30's and still making the England team.

If you want to sell players, that's never a problem, because if you experience the same luck as me, Everton seem to come in for everyone I want to sell. Not too different from real life eh!

The real challenge is doing what you propose with a non-league club who's facilities consist of breeze block changing rooms that feature showers held together by duct tape. :D

To be honest though, I'm afraid whoever I manage, I have to delve into the transfer market... I just can't avoid it.

Archived