Woe is me....

Surely someone here is having a rough time of it like I am. :(

I took over Watford in my first Managerial role.

With no money, constant board take over news and what not... I was drifting between 14th place and 8th place with my team and by January I was sacked. :rolleyes:

The entire time I was only ever 3-6 points from a play-off spot in a highly competitive league. The squad was terrible and I was doing fairly well, despite what the ladder indicated.

After a few weeks unemployed, Marcus Babbel was sacked from his post, and thus I then moved onto Stuttgart who were 2nd last in the German League.

Shocking for a club who should be fighting for the league title, regardless or not of their really poor rep of late!

Everything here was going beautifully!

I won 7 games in a row with Stuttgard, propelling them to 5th place! We were the leagues most prolific team scoring over 45 goals in the German League.

However 2 of my best players have sufferred serious injuries, a multitude of suspensions and 1 International Bug (my entire team was away for a fixture) and I have gone 8 matches without a win in the League.

In my time, in the German League : 22 matches 11 wins 8 draws 3 losses. I scored 50 goals and conceeded 28. It really isnt all that bad!

My run however has been fantastic in Europe and I also have my team in the semi final of the Uefa Cup!

However inthe last 15 matches, ive only won 4 times and my status is Very Insecure.

I just lost my last game 5-3 on a stormy night, where I had 6 first team players out and things are looking bleak! I was even up 2-0 at half time.

:(

I am not playing bad football, It actually feels rather easy, but my lack of depth and bad luck is really killing it!

Anyone else have this amount of bad luck?

Sounds like you need one of these...

4LeafClover.jpg

Where did you end up finishing in the league? How did you get on in the Euro (Uefa) Cup?

Hopefully you'll get some funds next season so you can strengthen the squad, but there's always a few bargains to be had from free-transfers. A couple of good golden oldies are always floating around and also handy to have as backup. So chin up!! Don't give up!!

If they sack you, their loss and your European tour continues! ;)

I just woke up, time to play again. Might make this into a story or a simple yearly update.

I just lost 3-1 to Liverpool at Anfield, but the fans were still pleased.

I then Romped Cottbus 4-1 breaking my winless streak.

I finally got a lot of first team players back, still waiting for my captain and my top striker to come back to the side!

I asked for extra time to rebuild the squad and my status is now "Insecure" instead of "Very Insecure".

Hopefully I can pull off a miracle and beat Liverpool by 2-0. :D

...and yeh, I hope I actually get some transfer funds next season if I am still in the job. I only had 1.7 mil euro to spend when I joined in January and I didnt get much time to sign players either.

Well I am now on a 5 match unbeaten run. 2 wins 3 draws.

I had a fantastic game vs Liverpool, however they were just too strong, and it finished 1-1 at the Mercedes Benz Arena.

I also had a 2-2 draw away with the bottom placed club Bielefeld, coming back from 2-0 down at half time. (Which delighted the fans).

Only 4 games to go and I am in 12th place - However I am only 4 points from a Uefa Cup spot, which I can still dream about :D

Surely someone here is having a rough time of it like I am. :(

I took over Watford in my first Managerial role.

With no money, constant board take over news and what not... I was drifting between 14th place and 8th place with my team and by January I was sacked. :rolleyes:

The entire time I was only ever 3-6 points from a play-off spot in a highly competitive league. The squad was terrible and I was doing fairly well, despite what the ladder indicated.

After a few weeks unemployed, Marcus Babbel was sacked from his post, and thus I then moved onto Stuttgart who were 2nd last in the German League.

Shocking for a club who should be fighting for the league title, regardless or not of their really poor rep of late!

Everything here was going beautifully!

I won 7 games in a row with Stuttgard, propelling them to 5th place! We were the leagues most prolific team scoring over 45 goals in the German League.

However 2 of my best players have sufferred serious injuries, a multitude of suspensions and 1 International Bug (my entire team was away for a fixture) and I have gone 8 matches without a win in the League.

In my time, in the German League : 22 matches 11 wins 8 draws 3 losses. I scored 50 goals and conceeded 28. It really isnt all that bad!

My run however has been fantastic in Europe and I also have my team in the semi final of the Uefa Cup!

However inthe last 15 matches, ive only won 4 times and my status is Very Insecure.

I just lost my last game 5-3 on a stormy night, where I had 6 first team players out and things are looking bleak! I was even up 2-0 at half time.

:(

I am not playing bad football, It actually feels rather easy, but my lack of depth and bad luck is really killing it!

Anyone else have this amount of bad luck?

The loan availibility reports you can ask you assman to compile are priceless at times like this. However, if was to offer one bit of advice it would be scout these guys before loaning them, if they stick out like a sore thumb personality wise, for the short time their there, they wont do anything worth doing

I was happy with the depth of my squad with Watford, however when I joined Stuttgart I had about 1 week to sign players as I took over late January.

I actually attempted to sign some great players. Podolski (Bayern accepted, but player didnt want to join), Padilla (My best player at Watford - who joined Sunderland!) and a few other good players, but in the end either club or player refused to join. Eventually the window closed and I have even played a 15 year old from my youth team 6 times!

Update : I am 2 points from a Uefa Cup birth, which is what my board expects of me. However I am in 11th place! This is one of the tightest leagues I have ever seen. I can still finish in the CL! (which would need a miracle!)

I think I would have been 6th right now, if it were not for the International games bug that saw my team basically forfeit!

Archived