Question for those that run holiday games

I haven't seen this posted anywhere before . . .

There are several signups that involve created players progressing through careers. My question relates to observing their progess. Do you have to have their league loaded as at least viewable in order to track their accomplishments?

Say, for example, I'm only running the MLS while managing Team USA. Say one of my players takes a transfer to play in England. What will I be able to see in terms of what he's doing at the club level if England isn't loaded? How will his attributes progress? How will the game determine to advance his career if he isn't getting statistics to prove himself and increase his value?

You can see his stats like games etc. but you can't look at the leagues obviously. The player will progress in league with his PA and the coaches at his new club (I think). Also as the league isn't loaded they can't win national competitions but they will be able to win continental competitions.

Hope that helps.

Continuing the same example . . .

You're saying that my American playing in England, without England loaded, will still be given appearances/goals/assists? Does the game run a simple prediction formula based on the abilities of the various players in each league? But it does this without compiling the results into match results and standings? Or does it run the games real quick to get numbers for the players in the game, but doesn't save the information because the league isn't loaded?

It is obvious that choosing only one league does not make the game run that league in isolation. Obviously all the national teams still play on, so there's a way the AI international managers are able to choose their teams as the years progress, and players age and are replaced. And there are plenty of players who appear in the game no matter what nations and database size you load.

Just trying to get a grip on what exactly the game does (shouldn't the manual tell us this?).

I think its getting a bit technical for the manual.

He will still be given all his games and stuff but I really don't know how it works. I know if the league isn't run on full detail then its based on the reputation of the clubs rather than the actual players.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the player's CA won't improve if you don't 'run' the league. I've had this problem with sending players out to feeder clubs due to wp regulations. I'm sure that it doesn't on FM08, I'm not quite sure what the scenario is on FM09. (You still get to see the stats for that player though)

Archived