How to persuade players to join ur club?

ok im portsmouth and am trying 2 buy walcott in the 1st season.

Arsenal accept my bid but on the contract negotiations it says

"he is not willing to discuss terms at this moment but will when he has considered all his options" it has said this for 2 months, and i was wondering is there anyway to persuade him 2 come?

ok thx. ill try and then see wot happens next year. My only worry is afta the season wont walcott become really good and thereofre really expensive

If you qualify for Europe via a good league finish then you will have a good sum for transfers, but your right about Walcott improving in the second season, he does come good. There are however many different players of similar quality around.

ok im portsmouth and am trying 2 buy walcott in the 1st season.

Don't do it!

Honestly though players wouldn't realistically come to the a lower club. He's at Arsenal and looking pretty rosy, why would he go to Portsmouth? Of course he'll be better second season but look at it this way. You could offer £100 million for Wayne Rooney but he still wouldn't come. This is because your club reputation is lower than there's and its too hard to persuade them to come otherwise.

Yah it'll be hard to get the likes of him because it's a step-down but the closest thing you can do in this game to 'persuading' him apart from obviously becoming a more successful/higher reputation club is to get on his 'fav personnel' list. If he has you as one of his fav personnel or some other players/staff in your club (as his fav) then he'd be more likely to join. 'likely' being the key word and still probably in most cases like this not ENOUGH of a factor to justify moving from Arsenal to Portsmouth but at least he's more likely. If he was to have Portsmouth as his fav club he'd be more likely to sign as well but that won't happen until he actually joins and has some good memories at the club. :)

So you could try praising him and trying to get on his good books. Which won't necessarily pay off either and COULD backfire if he thinks ur sucking up to him but it's about the closest thing you can do to 'persuade' in this game compared to real life that I can think of.

Archived