1 Team talk destroyed my form.

Anyone else think that players are WAY too touchy when it comes to media comments?

My whole season went pear shaped when I replied to a managers praise "positively".

I was on a great run of form 7 games unbeaten after a very bad start to the season.

That single praise in reply to another managers positive comments created most of my team's unhappiness and most have "lost faith in managers abilities".

The next few games, no matter what tactic I play and trial and error, I always get beaten by a huge amount.

Do other people find similar issues with the game when it comes to your replies to media comments and mind games??

I found out the best way to actually win games without any issue is to just NEVER reply to any media!

:D

Sorry I put team talk in title, when it was more a media comment that caused the issue.

I was predicted to be in play-off contention, however I did bring in 11 new faces. The club has a lot of financial problems, so I basically sold the entire first team and went around loaning and buying players under 250k.

I actually made 11 decent signings for 900,000 pounds and brought in 5-6 million pounds from sales.

Initially all my new signings took ages to gel, so I was lingering 24th-20th place. However 6 wins out of 7 matches I was 3 points from promotion spot in 9th place.

All was great. A few players had "Club has more potential than it is showing" and that was it.

As soon as I praised another manager (my first ever media comment), most of my squad is now unhappy. They went from great football to woeful football and I had no way to make them happy.

I actually did a "team meeting" that actually made problems worse! :D

Look's like I am going to get the sack now. Sad really, lots of hard work and structure is now in place. I also have 2 great youngsters I purchased from South America!

It's down to your players personality, give them a bollocking on the media, problems caused on the media are solved on the media, problems caused by team talks are fixed trough team talks. On your next pre-match conference play down your chances, zero down your poor performers for public criticism, that if they are determined if they are ambitious then leave 'em like that.

That should fire them up, also make a negative comment on the opposition, don't speak yourself up, but rather speak the other team down.

I've got a central midfielder who's scored five goals in my last four matches thanks to a PPM he's learned which suits him, and some adroit handling of him in both media and team-talks.

Yes, the media and team-talks have impact; we'd be complaining if they didn't!!

If you feel like those aspects of the game are too random and unpredictable, you might get a lot of benefit from reading Communication and Psychological Warfare over in T&TT, I think its really helped my enjoyment of both the media and the team-talks.

Archived