FM Newbie

Hey all,

I'm new to FM2008 and am wondering if there are any good resources available for newcomers to get a decent understanding of the game. I am by no means a football expert - I'm a weary veteran with the Eastside Hockey Manager series and decided to branch out and try something new - so even some of the football terminology that I see is new to me. I have started a new franchise in the MLS as Toronto FC (I am Canadian so decided to go with my country's club, as unimpressive as it may be!) and I'm just looking for some beginner advice. Any tips or hints at all, or links to forum postings or fan sites.

If there's a better place where I should post this then let me know, don't want to ruffle any feathers! Cheers!

If you have any knowledeg of football that would be a start, a basic one, but a start. So you should be ok to get going.

As ^^^^ said the ingame tutorial will then put alot of that in game terms and what to do. The manuals more helpful than i thought it would be too.

Then have a look around at the tactics forum on here. It can get VERY intense and so much detail it feels like some maths lecture but has lots of useful stuff.

Good luck, i started on CM 93 so i cant imagine whats its like "cutting your teeth" on this!

Archived