A-League Squad Registration and Rules

Hi

I am in my 3rd season managing australia and i have gotten rid of my last marquee signing, John Aloisi.

Now in the 3rd season when i go to register my squad where it tells me how much salary i have left under the cap and how many players i have. There is also a thing called a designated player. What is this and how do i designate a player

Also does the number of foreign players rule change.

Also does the number of foreign players rule change.

Welcome to the forums:thup:

I don't know about the rest of your post, but I don't think the amount of foreign players allowed changes. It doesn't in other countries that have rules like this (e.g. Ukraine)

The number of foreign players does not change although I believe the salary cap may be programmed to change at some point into the future.

Although the registration page says that you can have one designated player, you don't actually choose this player. The game will automatically exclude your highest earining player from the salary cap.

In real life this player is referred to as the marquee player although the only difference between them and the rest of the squad is that they are paid more, and hopefully they are a better player as well.

Archived