Proccessing date Dutch Leagues

Can somebody at SI explain me why the processing dates for the Dutch Leagues occur in the middle of july??

The league ends in may en starts in august... The proccesing date to go from the old to the new season happens in the middle of july... This was i miss out on a lot of 'out of contract' player cause my new salary budget hasnt been proccesed yet. Same thing goes for my transfer budget...

Btw i started this game with 9.2.0 and have 9.3.0 installed....

I think because that is the date that all the Winter European leagues do their processing. I think the game only does league processing at two points, one in December or January and one in July. It is an effort to simplify things, and confine the extra slowdown the processing causes to as few dates as possible. It happens in England on my current game as well, when it even bothers to inform me about a new transfer and wage budget.

I am pretty sure that in the game for example England, France and Germany " start the next season" earlier (before the first of July) than for example the Dutch, Spanish and Italian leagues.

I actually bothered to start up FM at this hour to make sure; In my current game:

England (year - exact processing date/new season start)

Season 09/10 - 19/20: June 25 (except season 12/13 June 24)

Netherlands:

Season 09/10 - 19/20: July 7 (except season 12/13 July 6)

Germany:

Season 09/10 - 19/20: June 20 (except season 12/13 June 19)

So the OP is right in saying that the Dutch league restarts later in the game and thus teams in this league "receive" next year's budget and regens later than for example English teams. Never bothered me much personally, but its true that this means that some clubs (with no budget left from the previous season) are not able to make transfer deals when the summer window starts (July 1), unlike their English and German counterparts.

Dunno why this is implemented this way, but in my memory it has been like this for as long as I play FM/CM (since '99 me thinks); I mean the different starting dates for similar leagues (how they are spread over the season).

A plausible reason is already mentioned: probably prevents huge processing data on one day in the season; so basically a long wait.

Edit: The dates are from FM 09, BTW

Archived