Very frustrating , very very hard

This is game is the most frustrating game I've ever played.I've tried all tactics posted in the forum and still nothing.I've played Middlesbrough , Valladolid , Bristol , and I cant win 3 games in a row.What is the problem.I just dont understand!!

I'm currently playng with Boro ,and my players simply wont play better then 6 in the ratings.I tryed all tactics in the forum for 10 games and some people in here say they do 20 shots to goal per game.With all tactics my team never made more than 7 or 8 shots.I just dont get it.If anyone could help me.

I have to disagree with J. Edward for a number of reason, firstly i find 4-4-2 to be a difficult tactic when people first start due to the fact that teams like Boro dont have really good forwards and more often than not you need 2 good forwards for the 4-4-2 tactic to work, else goals are hard to come by. secondly i find with a 4-4-2 tactic that you will find a partnership of strikers that one does all the horsepower (Creating the goal) while the other scores one or two every couple of games, i remember reading someone post about this, Henry not getting goals, anyway i am Playing 4-4-2 but that is becuase ive got quality wingers and two strickers who can score.

I believe a good tactic, and a proven tactic for jackbiscoito to use is the 4-3-3 formation, as it is quite easy to score even with Viduka and Hasselbaink. I am Barca and i started out for my first 5 or 6 seasons using the 4-3-3 because i found that one of my strikers, Fernando, who is a cheap class player, who is also young, used to get one goal and then around 70 - 80% of the time he converted it to a hat trick, i believe if you want to go to win the premiership the 4-3-3 tactic is what ya will be wanting to use icon_biggrin.gif.

sorry if i typed to much but its what i believe about the tactics and i have found the 4-3-3 to be a fool proof way to find a class side and then once two fine wingers come along then its maybe time to play with 2 full out and out wingers. icon_biggrin.gif Simbazz icon_biggrin.gif

Im having simiral probs. For instance, I have won the CL 2 yrs in a row. But in the league I keep loosing to craps teams. 1 season I ended in 4th. The next in 5th and in the middle of season3 im the 14th pos. I have never seen so many 5 rating in my life. The cosistency of players is beyond insaine.

I tryed both tactics you told, and with neither I could gain some consistency.Stewart Downing is a top player with top number and still he wont put anything above 6 in my game.I still dont get it who is so many people getting sucess in this.I'm very sucesfull in the PC but here I just cant make it!!

Well all i can advise is you do one or both of 2 things:

1/ Bring in some new people, maybe loan em, i got alot of young brazilians at Barca, and they fit in the squad perfectly, n at the end of the season i decided if i wanted to buy em, its worth loaning some people out

Or:

2/ play with some differnt tactics, me and J.Edwards are only saying what tactics work for our team, hell we wer Barca man, it jus might be that some of the players fit in that tactic, Boro might want to play somthing like a 4-5-1 with Hasselbaink playing up front alone, and downing playing on the left, maybe Downing might do even better, itll come man, jus play around

I'm finding this game too easy and unrealistic. ive just got promoted with nottingham forest FROM championship and i am now top of the premiership, also the game is very inconsistent. but good for a handheld

Maybe I'm just an old git but the handheld version has not done it for me on any level.

Too basic, no depth and I not sure why I ever thought it would work on the PSP. It reminds me of LMA or the EA series - Not good.

It went back to the shop I'm afraid.

Nickyh and Youll never walk alone - don't forget that this is the first version of fm on a handheld device and SI wanted to see what the psp's limitations were before trying to create a game to complex or in depth and find that the psp couldn't handle it.

I have to say that since buying the game I have not played the PC version at all as I am enjoying playing as York City and trying to get them to the Premiership. Yes its basic and has a few problem areas but it is very good for a first attempt.

I agree with Jack i have vanden borre and pazzini and they're both amazing Pazzini was top goalscorer in the premiership on mine

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nickyh and Youll never walk alone - don't forget that this is the first version of fm on a handheld device and SI wanted to see what the psp's limitations were before trying to create a game to complex or in depth and find that the psp couldn't handle it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't want ot get down on SI - This version is very accessible granted but as a veteran of the series I think a PSP version is not worthy of whats gone before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nickyh:

I don't want ot get down on SI - This version is very accessible granted but as a veteran of the series I think a PSP version is not worthy of whats gone before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would possibly agree with you if it was going to deteriote the pc version but having been assured that it is a different team working on both then I have to say that I think the PSP version has a lot of merit. I haven't played the PC version since the beginning like a lot of people have but I find the idea of not having to take my laptop everywhere just to play FM or if you have a PC and cannot take it with you on holiday, then a handheld version is ideal. It would be nice if in later versions you could start a game on either PC or PSP and continue on the other so not having 2 different games running a worthwhile addition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I haven't played the PC version since the beginning like a lot of people have but I find the idea of not having to take my laptop everywhere just to play FM or if you have a PC and cannot take it with you on holiday, then a handheld version is ideal. It would be nice if in later versions you could start a game on either PC or PSP and continue on the other so not having 2 different games running a worthwhile addition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have a valid point and a good idea - it's just a personal thing I suppose.

FM is so addictive for me because of the detail. I don't think I could ever enjoy the Handheld even if I was denyed my PC for a long period of time. Of course, if i ever got sent to prison...

I always play 4-4-2 attacking, plenty width, with one AMC and one DMC. Make sure you have strong central defenders and pacy full backs.

Play attacking emphasis, direct passing, hard tackling and pressing all over the park.

Won me the SPL with St Johnstone and the CL and FA Cups with Liverpool.

Archived