General discussion to the problem me and my friend are having with a net game

Currently struggling to get a net game working and would appreciate some help urgently. Not getting any help in the part where this should actually be posted, but afterall it is a general discussion on the problems we are facing!

We both have the same patch, I have ticked the Run As Server option.

Now for the more complicated bit.

I have set the IP in the outbound and Inbound services to the one on the game. I have also used the 10093 and 10094 ports that you are supposed to use for the port forwarding.

My pal keeps seeingthe "unable to connect" message whenever he attempts to do so.

Yet I still can’t get it working. Any ideas?

I understand that you have opened the ports on the router has your friend done the same? Also check portforward.com I am not sure if that's all the ports you need open it's often more TCP & UDP ports.

Also not sure if it does matter, which version of FM are you playing. Check firewalls too, with both parties.

We are playing Football manager 09, same patches, ports on router have been opened on my side, dont think my mate has but this shouldnt effect it according to the other part of the forum, or am i mistaken here?

Himachi, is it safe and everything? im not too familiar with it.

Archived