Arsenal FM Edition: How to add icons & players of other clubs?

Hi all, i just purchased an arsenal edition of FM 2009. Besides official pictures and logos of Arsenal, its blank for other players in EPL.

Can you advise me on how I can download pics of other players (as well as logos of other clubs) WITHOUT affecting the official Arsenal players' pictures?

thanks a lot, cheers!

This is because SI does not have the official licenses for the Premier League.

To get these you need to download 3rd party graphics. Thankfully, there are lots of them out there, and it’s a fairly straightforward process , even for someone like myself who is not particularly computer savvy!

You can start by looking in the skinning forum on here, but tbh there aren’t a great deal on there. But there is a stickied thread at the top that provides a very comprehensive guide to adding 3rd party graphics into FM. It should tell you everything you need, and if there is anything in there that you don’t understand, just post your questions on that topic and I’m sure you’ll find some kind fm soul who will be more than happy to help you out!

You could also check out one of the many other FM fan sites out there, with my personally recommendations being sortitoutsi.net or fmglive.com, though there are many others. You should find plenty of free downloads on here that suit your needs.

Lastly, to make sure you don’t overwrite any of the Arsenal gfx that came with your game, make sure when you extract any downloaded files (eg ‘premier league logo’s’ for the sake of example) you go into that folder and remove any arsenal specific subfolders that are in there. This should work the same with player pictures etc etc, and should ensure that you get all of the new gfx without losing your existing arsenal ones.

For the rest of the instructions, follow the stickied thread mentioned above.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.

thanks dude for being the kind soul, much appreciated, cheers! :)

This is because SI does not have the official licenses for the Premier League.

To get these you need to download 3rd party graphics. Thankfully, there are lots of them out there, and it’s a fairly straightforward process , even for someone like myself who is not particularly computer savvy!

You can start by looking in the skinning forum on here, but tbh there aren’t a great deal on there. But there is a stickied thread at the top that provides a very comprehensive guide to adding 3rd party graphics into FM. It should tell you everything you need, and if there is anything in there that you don’t understand, just post your questions on that topic and I’m sure you’ll find some kind fm soul who will be more than happy to help you out!

You could also check out one of the many other FM fan sites out there, with my personally recommendations being sortitoutsi.net or fmglive.com, though there are many others. You should find plenty of free downloads on here that suit your needs.

Lastly, to make sure you don’t overwrite any of the Arsenal gfx that came with your game, make sure when you extract any downloaded files (eg ‘premier league logo’s’ for the sake of example) you go into that folder and remove any arsenal specific subfolders that are in there. This should work the same with player pictures etc etc, and should ensure that you get all of the new gfx without losing your existing arsenal ones.

For the rest of the instructions, follow the stickied thread mentioned above.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.

no problem mate, happy to help in what ever little way i can. Not so long ago, i was in the same position as yourself, so its nice to give a little back! It probably also helps that I'm a gunners fan! Speaking of which, as you bought the Arsenal edition, I'm assuming you're a gunners fan yourself. The Arsenal thread over in the 'good teams and players' forum is probably the most active and helpful team thread around. You'll be made most welcome over there, and there are lots of experienced and knowledgeable folk who will be more than happy to help you out with team and tactical advice.

Archived