Off to some distant land. Time to start a-fresh

Hi fellow FM gamers, I have done a search sadly the threads were either not too informative, or were for previous versions of FM, I am currently playing Football Manager 2009. Running the latest game patch.

So to throw it out there does anyone know how long I can expect to be hired? Also do my actions dictate, such as 'the game dictate' my success on job applications/job offers? :/

Basically for me to briefly explain, I've loaded say 15 playable leagues at least. From numerous nations. Started unemployed with auto experiance. I am in December in 2017, it took me a whole game year to get the job with Berwick, and took them to the dizzy heights of the Scottish 1st division and they've become proffesional. However I resigned in 2017 its been a couple of months. I have a 'National' reputation. Been popular with managers, and the board. My stats aren't too bad. I basically want to move of to some distant land for a different challenge.

However, nobody wants, me to manage there team. This what I am doing. I'll try not to waffle. ;)

I am applying for teams in leagues that I've never managed, that may well be the problem, as of no league experience in the leagues that I've applied (However I tried Celtic, I think they're still laughing).

I declare interest in every job that is at risk. I don't do one a week, I apply for as many as I can, is it best to declare interest in just one, or doesn't it make a jot of difference.

So does anyone have advice, I am prepared to wait, even if it is another game year.

Well I am holidaying now, for either a five days, a week, two weeks, still no success. Oh well, just going to have to wait and see, I think I'll start declaring interest in jobs again. Looks like I will just have to wait and see. I don't want to do the indefinate option. Just would like a little control on who I am going to manage, that's if they'll take me.

Archived