Window mode

XP can run windowed mode, IIRC the ability to run windowed mode is reliant on your monitor's resolution, needs to be at least 1024x768 or something like that

Get him to try adding "--windowed --small_screen" to the target of the desktop shortcut, the game should then load up in a window if it is capable of doing so

XP can run windowed mode, IIRC the ability to run windowed mode is reliant on your monitor's resolution, needs to be at least 1024x768 or something like that

Get him to try adding "--windowed --small_screen" to the target of the desktop shortcut, the game should then load up in a window if it is capable of doing so

I've tried switching to windowed mode and received the same "not enough room to display at 1024x768" although my screen size is larger than that.

Your screen needs to be at least 50 pixels greater than 1024x768 to be able to use windowed mode - as the window border and taskbar take up space.

That would explain it. I'm set at 1280 x 800, which is the maximum my wide-screen laptop can display. I'm fine for the width, I just don't have enough height.

Archived