Work Permit Problems

So I'm Swansea City in my first season and have a meagre budget of £1.2m (unadjusted for wages) and need three players, a DL AML and a decent cover ST. The budget I have is not going to get me a lot (especially in the UK) so I have to look hard to find players to fit my team. When I do find them I'm getting 'Work Permit refused' which is unrealsitic as nearly all are international players. The Swans have a very international squad anyway and even have an uncapped Argentinian defender. So how comes I can't sign these players because of work permit problems? These kind of players are the lifeblood of a club like Swansea and EXACTLY the kind of players the club are signing.

e.g

John Patricio Cagua DL 110k 10Caps

Well the real life rules are implemented in FM, which means a NON EU player must have player 75% of the international games for his nation of the past two years or posses a unique talent (like Anderson, Man U).

Maybe the Uncapped Argentinean defender has a dual nationality (happens a lot) and is therefore a EU player.

When the WP is refused do you appeal? This can help sometimes (in my case al WP refused got granted after appealing).

Since my rant I've managed to sign Lequi another uncapped Argentinian, but he does have dual nationality. Bessone (the uncapped Argie already in the squad) is only eligible for Argentina although his name does have an Italian ring to it :) I always appeal on WP refusals but it rarely gets me anywhere. I wasn't aware of the unique talent requirement, but Bessone certainly doesn't possess it.

Swansea City doesn't allow scouting outside of the EU I'm afraid :(

Well the real life rules are implemented in FM, which means a NON EU player must have player 75% of the international games for his nation of the past two years or posses a unique talent (like Anderson, Man U).

Maybe the Uncapped Argentinean defender has a dual nationality (happens a lot) and is therefore a EU player.

When the WP is refused do you appeal? This can help sometimes (in my case al WP refused got granted after appealing).

The nation must also be in the World's top 50 I believe, so your 147-capped Papa New Guinea striker-come-binman can't get a work permit. Unless he's moving to be a binman.

Archived