Consistency and Big games... for managers

Hi, don't know if this has been brought up or if it exists already but it can not be edited, so bare with me.

As the thread title says, what is there a possibility of AI managers to have consistency and big games values like players do? I say this because it is fairly obvious that some managers are the reason for results appearing or not, either by good or bad influence on the players.

Some examples: Rafa Benitez, fairly consistent but good in big games; Ferguson, very consistent, good in big games.

I say this because it came to my attention last night - Sporting (Lisbon) fan, so you know what I'm talking about - that our manager is fairly consistent, but very poor in big games. After all, Sporting conceded 25 goals in 5 games against 3 teams (Real Madrid, Barcelona twice and Bayern twice). Not that the players are bad; they're not as good as Bayern's but 12-1 in 2 games isn't normal.

Any thoughts?

I've been editing since the CM first editor version, back in the days.

One thing that I've done is to edit a team in order for them to react like they do in real life, and there are various ways in doing so: changing players attributes, level of motivation in the begging of the year, the clubs reputation, etc. But one thing that is difficult to do - especially when you know that a clubs problems lies with the manager - is to change the managers attributes.

One example: Southampton.

They had a difficult last year, and this season would certainly be eqqual. Some of the players were made a bit better (in-game) then they really are, some were worst; it's only normal, no ones perfect. All around, it's fairly well made.

But this year the problem lies especially with the manager.

Now, we can do a lot of things when it comes to the manager stats: change his reputation, arrange his attributes, reorganize his mental stats, etc.

One thing that is missing his an equivalent to the players consistency and important matches mental attributes, wich is very important. Jan Poortvield (sic?) ways very inconsistent, but Mark Woote picked up the pieces and is starting to look good. Not only is he an all around better manager, in-game stats speaking, but also a consistent manager.

I see a lot of people talking about Ferguson being saked a lot. I believe that the non-existence of a consistency and important matches attribute is a big possibility of this happening, because in game, age is also a very important factor.

I hope I made myself clearer.

Archived