Need Help

My FM09 was running fine until a yesterday.

when i try to start a new game or when i try to load an old save i get this :

a serious error was encountered and the application will now close

Here is a pic of the problem

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj232/Superowl90/ERROR.jpg

i am using the patched version as well and no luck

anyone know how to fix this ?

Based on previous threads (like this one here), you might have to do a clean reinstall of your game, as well as clear your cache data. You might want to back up any custom graphics/skins/databases first too.

don't skip any step.

1. uninstall the game. afterwards delete any local content that may be left. I THINK that it's not necessary to delete stuff in "My Documents"

2. delete the cache folder (type "%appdata%" in the search bar on the start menu. Once the window opens, go to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\cache folder)

3. run "regedit" by writing "regedit" in the execute bar. In the tree menu in regedit, go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and find the Sports Interactive folder. delete the folder. close regedit

4. reinstall the game.

Try that and see if it works? :)

Oh yeah, nice spot! :thup:

Superowl90, you mentioned in your first post that you are using the patched version, but did you apply the patch properly? If you did, you should see "Version 9.3" at the top of the screen under the words "Football Manager 2009". After downloading the patch, you have to double-click on the patch file to start the patch installation process.

As RDXCougar8173 pointed out, yours says "Version 9.0".

yeah, i sent a ticket to support but that was yesterday and they havent got back to me yet, i might have to install the old FM 08 version until i get a reply :D

then again i might catch M duffy on FML and see if i can get him to give my ticket number to support :D

Archived