Submitting matchday team

This isnt specific to a patch, just FM09 in general.

When I go to select my line up from scratch for a game it brings you to a screen identical to the tactics screen with the players on the left and the formation on the right. But every time I clear selection, the order of the players jumbles up i.e. they are not in position order making it very awkward to pick the team from that screen. I have tried sort by position which is fine but then when you right click a player for a position, they dont automatically go to the top of the page as selected, again making it awkward to select the team and see who is in/out.

Because of this after I click to set my team, I have to always click to the normal tactics screen rather than select my team from the submit team page.

Hope somebody can help me with this, thanks.

From what I understand... select your line-up, but in the player positions list, drag the position icons to swap them over until they are in the right place. Then when they are in the correct order, you may need to remove the players and put the correct players in the relevant positions

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem but i cant find the solution.can anybody help us?maybe an edit to some game files?And i just realised that is save game spicific.in my other save the pkd icon has a white arrow but the name na dposition icons have a grey 'descending' arrow.

Whoa just solved it! :) I loaded an old saved game,just to see what were the default settings of picking the squad. When i reloaded teh 'problematic' save and went to the tactics screen it was all fixed! Does anyone knnow how to set it like this just in case it happens again?

Archived