changing the ratings on a players profile

Ive been th(dr)inking lately (dont know why, must be the beer)

I know FM/CM have been using ratings ranging from 1 to 20 since the beginning of the series, but why isnt that changed to 1 to 100?

With a far wider range it would be easier to see differences between players. I mean now differences are like 1 or 2 and could be misleading. Because would you care if a player has either 19 or 20 for pace if the other atts are about the same?

But when you have a difference of lets say 15 or 25 the diferences would be easier to spot for us and it would make it a lot easier to choose which player you want.

Another idea is just typing the amount instead of selecting it from a dropdown and upgrading it with + or - but just let us type 20.000.000. This way you could make more precise bids for players. For example i wanna bid 455k for a player but the game only allows me to bid either 450 or 475...as a LLM i need every penny i can spare guys!!

Not for me, I think it's fine as it is. You mention telling the difference between 19 and 20 (5%), but if you go 1-100 then how could you differentiate between 65 and 66 (1%)?

Like the idea of being able to offer more precise transfer fees though. I'm sure IRL they are rarely spot on a 25k/250k amount.

Not for me, I think it's fine as it is. You mention telling the difference between 19 and 20 (5%), but if you go 1-100 then how could you differentiate between 65 and 66 (1%)?

Like the idea of being able to offer more precise transfer fees though. I'm sure IRL they are rarely spot on a 25k/250k amount.

1% is always preciser than the 5% you name. With the 5% the difference can be greater because who decides if the attribute is closer to 19.1 or 19.9? Meaning who decides if the player is almost as fast as the player who has 20 or is some what away

With the knowing that player profiles link attributes together the differences between players will be easier to spot.

Because now if you see a difference of 1 you willl think 'ah its just one that wont matter that much' but that could mean a difference of 5% and 5% is a lot.

If the difference is lets say 10 or 20 you will reconsider. And if the difference is 1 with 0-100 it really wont matter

At the top of the game you will often see players with a lot of atts above 15 ranging to 20. That is a difference of 5 wether if you have a range of 1-100 the range could be a range of 25.

A good example maybe are Frank Lampard and Xabi Alonso. Both players have an excellent long shot, but we all know Franks long shot is better. In FM Frank has 20 and Xabi has 19. So ok we know who is better cause Frank has 20, but what or who decides how much better? is it 1% or 5% better? With a range from 1 to 100 Frank would have 99 or 100 and Xabi would have 90-95.

Then it will be easier to decide if Xabi is close to Frank (for example when Xabi has 95) or that Frank is a lot better ( For example when Xabi has 90)

And last but not least, it will make player more divers instead of the 'copy like' players we have these days.

Archived