Manager Knowledge!

I am in July 2014 after starting from unemployed.

I have just noticed that some how i have knowledge of St lucia just appear. My second nationality is not st lucian! My nationalities are English and Scottish.

I then look under knowledge in the scouting section, and where St Lucia was beside it was my name and then in brackets '(alexander)'. He is the current Southend boss on my game, and is St Lucian. I have not got him as favoured personel and i am not on his. How has this happened?! And, how do you gain more knowledge of different areas so it is recognised under you as a manager?

Hmm, odd, maybe you consider eachother friends (doesnt have to mean fav personel) and that is why a bit of it rubs off on you? Ie you could ask him about st lucian players.

An idea, if not then im out, since what mike asks is irrelevant considering it lists that manager as the source.

So it actually lists him as the source? I didn't even know it ever listed anyone as the source of knowledge.

What might be a good idea is for SI to implement something that explains where knowledge has come from.

So it actually lists him as the source? I didn't even know it ever listed anyone as the source of knowledge.

What might be a good idea is for SI to implement something that explains where knowledge has come from.

Yeah it does, and i completely agree with this!

In all cases I have ever seen it doesnt really need explianing since it is usually from yourself or a staff member. But I guess in a "special" situation such as this one it would be nice with a small (reason) also added besides the name of the source.

Hmm, odd, maybe you consider eachother friends (doesnt have to mean fav personel) and that is why a bit of it rubs off on you? Ie you could ask him about st lucian players.

An idea, if not then im out, since what mike asks is irrelevant considering it lists that manager as the source.

Is what you are saying about friends fact, or your own theory? I thought that if your relationship with other managers reached the friend stage you then are on each others favoured personel? If what you are saying is infact right, then surely your knowledge would be far greater than what it normally is?

In all cases I have ever seen it doesnt really need explianing since it is usually from yourself or a staff member. But I guess in a "special" situation such as this one it would be nice with a small (reason) also added besides the name of the source.

People are often asking the same question as the OP. They simply cannot fathom where they got certain knowledge from because none of their staff seem to have it and they've never scouted it and they've never managed there. It happens surprisingly often where it seems not to make any sense.

People are often asking the same question as the OP. They simply cannot fathom where they got certain knowledge from because none of their staff seem to have it and they've never scouted it and they've never managed there. It happens surprisingly often where it seems not to make any sense.

What i really want to know is, does an enhanced knowledge of different areas as a manager help when trying for a new job? If this is the case, I will be chatting up a few more managers lol

What amuses me is that I gain knowledge of countries because of staff and scouting when, in truth, I'm still clueless about them!

Yeah, this knowledge does not come up on your manager page though, it comes up in the knowledge section of scouting, I agree with your understanding of knowledge for that, but it is the personal knowledge that I have no idea how to control or enhance!

As I wrote, nuddy, it was an idea not a fact.

Also, it is not "your" knowledge per say. It is the knowledge of the club combined displayed.

Edit again: Personal knowledge comes from, among others, managing in those countries (working with players from there has sometimes also done that (no idea if this happens in 09 also though).

As I wrote, nuddy, it was an idea not a fact.

Also, it is not "your" knowledge per say. It is the knowledge of the club combined displayed.

Well i was not questioning what you wrote, although i am now; If you look at you manager profile, it has manager knowledge. This must be your own 'manager knowledge'.

In contrast, when you go on you team section, to scouting, there you will find, your 'club knowledge'. As you will see the knowledge here is far greater than what is on your manager profile.

I could be wrong though ofcourse lol?

No, that is precisely what I am saying.

O right, cool, my misunderstanding! I think I'm just gonna experiment and see if i can get more knowledge off other managers...I'm more concerned with missing out on promotion in the playoffs lol! gutted.

Archived