Finding it very hard to enjoy this game

In FMH 08 I eventually (after 6 seasons) won the treble with Newcastle and built up a great squad, and I never got sacked by any board of directors at any team, even if things occasionally didn't go too well. But in FMH 09 I've started two new games with Newcastle and in both games I've been sacked 2 or 3 seasons in, and just not got good results whatever I've done. I can't help but wonder if people complained about FMH 08 being too easy and SI made the game harder, or maybe just harder in the EPL. Either way it's a shame, because I was really hoping I wouldn't have to consider returning to FMH 08, but it's starting to look that way.

I won everything with Newcastle 5 years in a row or something, you should play in an easier league for a few seasons before starting out in england and also play st dazzle's 4-5-1, if you play the exact tactic on his thread and sign 2 or 3 world class players its not difficult at all. MAin thing is to have a really world class centre forward with 16+ for shooting AND heading.

I won everything with Newcastle 5 years in a row or something, you should play in an easier league for a few seasons before starting out in england and also play st dazzle's 4-5-1, if you play the exact tactic on his thread and sign 2 or 3 world class players its not difficult at all. MAin thing is to have a really world class centre forward with 16+ for shooting AND heading.

I don't like using other people's tactics really. I've had some reasonable success with lower league teams, but that's it. I'll try the centre forward thing though, and see if that helps.

Yeah but I had success in all the previous FMH games, that's why I don't understand it. And of course when things are going badly you don't know whether to stick with the same tactics in the hope that things improve, or keep changing things to fix it, and whether or not to change your player instructions each game etc etc.

• SI Staff

With every version of FMH when you first get it generally you have to find a 'feel' for the best players, what suits your team etc. - you probably won't win everything overnight on your first game because of that - BUT to me thats a good thing, if you succeeded at everything straight away there would be no challenge at all to the game.

Initially, keep things solid - say play a 4132 formation which gives you a nice defensive backbone and then build up to more creative formations ... the game isn't imho any harder than previous versions of FMH, its just a little different and requires a little adaption is all.

With every version of FMH when you first get it generally you have to find a 'feel' for the best players, what suits your team etc. - you probably won't win everything overnight on your first game because of that - BUT to me thats a good thing, if you succeeded at everything straight away there would be no challenge at all to the game.

Initially, keep things solid - say play a 4132 formation which gives you a nice defensive backbone and then build up to more creative formations ... the game isn't imho any harder than previous versions of FMH, its just a little different and requires a little adaption is all.

I don't mind waiting for success (I waited 6 seasons for success in FMH 08), but getting sacked is definitely something new to me in the latest version. Fair enough it reflects real life, but probably a little bit TOO well :p Ah well, Maybe I'll try again with a lower league team, or try abroad or something...

Archived