Work permit question

So I signed a non-EU player for an English club. Thing is, I signed him on the last day of the summer transfer window. The purchase went through and hes at my club, however, hes unable to play due to the [WP](work permit) tag next to his name.

Will he receive his permit in a few weeks, or will I have to wait until the next transfer window opens?

To re-apply a player for a work permit you need to offer them a new contract. If they are eligible for a work permit then they will get it. You can obviously do this any time.

If they are not eligible then they still cannot play so it is best to move them on loan to your work permit feeder club so they can play and possibly gain EU citizenship so they don't need a work permit.

By the way, what nationality is he and how many caps does he have? If he's played in less than 75% of his national team's games in the past two years (or if his national team is ranked 70 or lower) then it's very unlikely he'll get a WP and you'll have to loan him to a feeder.

Archived