The sliders

Okay, I've reached the point where it's time to vent. We've all been there.

I'm into season 2 now. Through season 1, almost without fail, I'd get assistant manager feedback during the game about misplacing too many passes. Throughout the course of the season it's safe to say I've tried everything as far as the sliders go, shorter passing game, more direct, less direct, spending 5-10 minutes trying to individually set everybody's passing game to suit their stats. Nothing seems to work.

Starting season 2, I made a conscious effort to sign some better passing midfielders. And sure enough, same thing, same passing message.

One other thing I've noticed is the amount of times during a game it pops in commentary that my opponents have 'switched to a more attacking formation' and will then score within the next 10 minutes. Yet everytime I try this, almost without fail I'll end up having LESS shots.

So, honestly, are the sliders worth the hassle? Because sitting for 5 minutes tweaking the sliders only for absolutely nothing to come of it in 5 games straight is making me wonder why I bother.

I don't tend to bother too much when it comes to passing. If a player is good at passing the ball then he should be good at direct and short passes, if he's not a very good passer he'll not be all that good at either and will always misplace quite a lot of passes.

Archived