Activate Leagues?

IMT

I expect this has been mentioned a million times, but I would love an "activate league" option, where you can start a game with say just the English league, but after a few seasons you could activate say the Spanish one, that way you could manage in multiple leagues without having to process all these leagues all the time, if thats makes sense?

Is this something others would go for?

I see, I am not up on coding etc, I would have thought it something fairly simple, but obviously the only problem being the league would start in say 2011, but as it would have been in 2008, guess my stupidity overrides my heart ;~)

Would love to see it, but for every option like that that is added, another error comes up and casual users of FM would complain then.

There are many things I'd like to see, but licensing and coding issues will always prevent them

I see, I am not up on coding etc, I would have thought it something fairly simple, but obviously the only problem being the league would start in say 2011, but as it would have been in 2008, guess my stupidity overrides my heart ;~)

The reason it is likely to be difficult to code is when you start a game a certain amount of players are loaded depending on what leagues are loaded. So say you have the League of Ireland that you wanted to activate in 2012. As you did not activate it at the start no players are loaded from the teams so what does it do? Assign the squads from the initial database, generate random squads or what. That is one complication but since I am not explaining this very well I won't go into any more. :D

That is only deciding what to do. The next matter is actually implementing it without causing errors which is another matter.

Archived