Anyone tried high end tactics with awful teams?

Started new game, got wycombe at random and thought for a laugh and down to intrigue, I'd use an adventurous tactic:

Global settings for mentality, passing and CF (M-18, passing - 3 and CF - 20), tempo 18, width 16, D-line 15, CD 17, offside and counter attack ticked. CBs rarely on everything bar TBs which was mixed, wingers often cross and dribble(full backs mixed for these); center mids often TBs and Long shots.

It produced some unbelievable entertainment, the amount of times they got into decent positions but fluffed it 'cause of lack of talent. Made 17 chances, 6 clear cut (against Doncaster). Was so funny to watch, we lost 2-1 and the players were exhausted at the end, obviously.

I was wondering what people think about trying this, toning down slightly, but still attacking and creative...however, focus all training schedules on aerobic, ball control and attacking for all but centre backs. Eventually, they will become fitter than the opposition. I'm going to try this over the next few weeks, hopefully get a season done by xmas and report findings

Archived