Starting to slip up... New tactic needed?

Hi, First of all im Sheff utd and just over half way in the season sitting 3rd. The only reason im 3rd is because i went unbeaten for the first 16 games even beating the current league leaders (reading) who are walking the league 10 points infront of 2nd. However, recently (the last 9 games) i've lost most and drawn some against the majority of bottom half teams. Sometimes im "unlucky" in defeat however i never win convincingly. I like to think i have the best defence in the league as proven by conceding 3 in 15 at the start of the season. I've been patient but enough is enough as the gap between automatic promotion and playoffs increases.

My current tactics: I play 4-5-1 with Wingers as Attacking midfielders, so 3 CM's. I've tried using fullbacks to make runs forward and cross (which i've heard is usually sucessful). However, it dosnt work with me and im left highly vunerable at the back therefore conceding loads.

My Starting X1 is :

Kennny (GK)

Sun jihai(RB) Killgallon(CB) Medjani(CB) Insua(LB)

-VERY consistant -Solid as a rock -Amazing -Good & Consistant

Speed(CM) Howard(CM) Montgomery(CM)

-Good allround -Good in ATT. -V.overated on FM (S*** IRL)

Halford(AMR - Retrained) Wagner(AML)

Brilliant provides most assists -Amazing can score from anywhere

Beattie(ST)

-Can score if he has the service

Subs: Sharp, S.Quinn, Morgan, Cotterill, Geary

What tactic would suit this team best? I know there are many tactics available on this forum but for FM09 most are unproven. I HAVE searched the forum for a tactic and have considered the 'Role Theory Tactic'. But does anyone know or can highly recommend a tactic for this team. Or should i continue with the tactic i already have and take the risk of no auto-promotion or maybe even playoffs:confused:

Any suggestions/help is appreciated and Thanks for taking your time to help.

Archived