Making the most of your chances

I'm currently testing a very promising tactic in terms of creating chances and I also seem to be scoring quite a lot of goals compared to some of the other people posting in this forum. However, even though I haven't played a lot of games yet I'm starting to see a pattern: My players don't take advantage of their changes - my opponent's players do.

I'm aware that a lot of people have brought this up but my shot-to-goal-ratio is simply ridiculous so far.

Here are some chosen statistics from to seperate saves, managing City and Barca respectively:

Opponent

Score

Shots

Man City:

Hajduk (home)

3-1

19-5

Hajduk (away)

2-2

19-3

Carlisle (away)

3-1

18-1

Jena (away)

0-1

19-1

Barca:

Artmedia (home)

4-1

22-1

Artmedia (away)

2-1 (own goal)

21-0

Al-Ittihad (away)

3-1

19-2

So. What's your experience? Is there any way to positively eliminate this waste of chances (player/team instructions, PPM, allowing team to gel etc.) or is this just what we should expect from the game engine?

(I'm interested in ways of stopping inferior teams from scoring on their ONE shot too, of course)

maybe your offensive players's long shoot's are full and they are always trying to shoot from the distance or maybe creative freedom is so much or you are not putting right players for forward or you are so unlucky :) but that is a usual problem try to change some of your tactic settings

All my players except the full backs have long shot set to minimum. Some of my players do have high creative freedom but that's kind of the idea. Thanks for your reply but "Try to change some of your tactic settings" isn't exactly great advice. If I wanted to push sliders back and forth at random I wouldn't be asking for help... :rolleyes:

Perhaps you have the same problem as I. There are far too many long shots from outside the box, and more often than not shots from within the box go straight over the goal. Never had trouble with this in previous releases. It's not my tactics folks, I've tried quite a few different ones.

Hmmm... sounds like my game too. Surely it can't be possible that we are all making the same tacticial errors??? I do think it's the game engine. But it's been like that for a while with the FM series... I don't see it changing anytime soon. We just need to find an exploit in the game engine (like corners etc...). I know it makes it unrealistic, but then how realistic is it in the first place?

Archived