[FM19] What if all nations were equal?

When I first downloaded Football Manager, I thought I'd have a great time managing clubs to championships.

However, life ignored my plans, and I instead became attracted to the editor and the ability to edit almost every aspect of almost every league with enough work.

So for the past few months I've been working on some of my biggest databases yet, which seriously alter the state of the Premier League.

But in this experiment, I will simply be testing the waters of posting an experiment in this forum.

In this experiment, I have used Makoto Nakamura's editor file which greatly expands the number of playable countries, and Jyoti's "Equal World" which sets every country's financial ability, game importance, and youth rating equal. I have further edited the database so that all clubs have a 20 in youth recruitment.

I will simulate forward for...however long it takes before this gets boring, updating every four years (i.e., every World Cup) to show everyone who the most powerful country is, what type of players are dominating the big leagues, etc. I'm hoping to see some strange countries do well.

I’ve loaded every player on a top division team in the world, giving the game a huge ~75,000 players. This means I should see loads of newgens, which will hopefully quickly dispose of the current world class players.

*It should be noted that I've loaded only the Bhutanese leagues as playable, so Bhutanese players may be better than those from some other countries. No other country’s leagues can be seen in any detail, as this is more of a focus on international football*.

Time emerged from Vacation World Cup 1st World Cup 2nd #1 in World Rankings #1 by continent Top PA of a newgen Top CA of a newgen
Top CA of anyone
Late 2022 France Turkey Brazil Europe: France
South America: Brazil
North America: Mexico
Africa: Senegal
Asia: Australia
Oceania: New Zealand
Oscar Castillo (Honduran DM; 158 CA, 200 PA, 20 YO; Beijing Guo'an)
Jassim Mohammed (Saudi DM, MC; 149 CA, 200 PA, 19 YO; Al-Shabab)
Jesús Acuña (American DC; 150 CA, 200 PA, 21 YO; LA Galaxy)
Mateusz Buzala (Polish AM(RLC), STC; 177 CA, 196 PA, 19 YO; Porto)
Didier Lippini (French AMR, STC; 177 CA, 195 PA, 20 YO; Arsenal)
Kylian Mbappé (French AM(RL), STC; 195 CA, 196 PA, 24 YO; PSG)

Time emerged from Vacation World Cup 1st World Cup 2nd #1 in World Rankings #1 by continent Top PA of a newgen Top CA of a newgen
Mid 2026 Portugal Czech Republic Brazil Europe: Portugal
South America: Brazil
North America: Mexico
Africa: Côte d'Ivoire
Asia: Australia
Oceania: New Zealand
Oscar Castillo (Honduran DM; 162 CA, 200 PA, 20 YO; Beijing Guo'an)
Jassim Mohammed (Saudi DM, MC; 190 CA, 200 PA, 19 YO; Liverpool)
Jesús Acuña (American DC; 156 CA, 200 PA, 21 YO; Porto)
Sergio Vargas (Peruvian GK; 198 CA, 198 PA, 24 YO; PSG)

Edited by OspreyJ

2018-2022

After emerging from 4 years of simulation, I realized that the outstanding youth rating of every country on Earth had produced a huge amount of newgens with excellent potential. 39 newgens have potential of 190 or above, including one from Kosovo, one from Botswana, and one from Libya.

Meanwhile, Messi and Ronaldo, the present day stars, have aged and therefore dropped in quality, leaving Mbappé (French AM(RL), STC; 195 CA, 196 PA, 24 YO; PSG) as the best player in the world.

Still, some newgens are doing well. Those with the highest PA, a whopping 200, are: Oscar Castillo (Honduran DM; 158 CA, 200 PA, 20 YO; Beijing Guo'an); Jassim Mohammed (Saudi DM, MC; 149 CA, 200 PA, 19 YO; Al-Shabab); and Jesús Acuña (American DC; 150 CA, 200 PA, 21 YO; LA Galaxy).

Some newgens are also dong moderately well when it comes to their CA: Notably, Mateusz Buzala (Polish AM(RLC), STC; 177 CA, 196 PA, 19 YO; Porto) and Didier Lippini (French AMR, STC; 177 CA, 195 PA, 20 YO; Arsenal).

World Overview

Mbappé led France to World Cup glory in 2022, beating Turkey in the final on penalties after drawing 0-0. Turkey, for their part, were led by Cengiz Ünder (Turkish AM(RL), M(RL); 162 CA, 169 PA, 25 YO; Roma), who scored 5 goals and won the Golden Ball.

Mexico, too, did very well, finishing third, and they had their goalie to thank: Tiago Volpi (Mexican GK; 141 CA, 145 PA, 32 YO; Porto) only conceded three goals in his seven games, which made up for the offence only scoring seven goals over the course of the entire cup, winning most games 1-0.

As for surprising teams qualifying, Mali managed to make it, though this was maybe mostly because of a weak group in qualification; they were drawn into Group D with Brazil, Japan, and England, but managed to hold Brazil to a tie and beat Japan, thanks to their star striker, Moussa Marenga (Malian AM(RL), STC; 138 CA, 139 PA, 31 YO; CSKA Moskva). They finished third in the group. as did DRC, who managed to get through their group containing Egypt; Cédric Bakambu (DR Congolese AM(RLC), STC; 146 CA, 154 PA, 31 YO; Beijing) scored 6 of their 20 goals.

Almost no newgens made an impact at the World Cup, except Abdulla Al-Thani (Qatari AM(LC), STC; 133 CA, 169 PA, 20 YO; Jeonbuk) and Mostafa Jalal Khalfan (Qatari D(C), DM, M(C); 126 CA, 140 PA, 20 YO; Al-Duhail), both of whom scored two goals for their country against DR Congo.

At this time, I would usually update you on the U-20 World Cup, but there were no newgens of note this time: the last one took place in 2021, and actual players were still eligible.

2022-2026

Newgens have well and truly taken over the world.

The best player by CA, Sergio Vargas (Peruvian GK; 198 CA, 198 PA, 24 YO; PSG), is a newgen; the best non-newgen player, Mbappé (French AM(RL), STC; 195 CA, 196 PA, 27 YO; PSG), is surpassed by four newgens.

While Oscar Castillo (Honduran DM; 162 CA, 200 PA, 24 YO; Beijing Guo'an), Jassim Mohammed (Saudi DM, MC; 190 CA, 200 PA, 23 YO; Liverpool), and Jesús Acuña (American DC; 156 CA, 200 PA, 25 YO; Porto) remain the newgens with the highest potential, the only one who shows it in his CA is Mohammed, who moved the Borussia Dortmund and then Liverpool to give himself such a high CA. The others stayed behind at less good clubs and couldn't live up to their potential.

World Overview

Just 2 years after Ronaldo retired, Portugal won the now 48-team World Cup, crushing Czech Republic 5-1 in the final. João Félix (Portuguese M(C), AM(LC), STC; 172 CA, 172 PA, 26 YO; Chelsea) scored a hat trick in the final, which lifted him to five goals overall and won him the Golden Boot. Portugal dominated the tournament and all the nominees for Golden Ball were Portuguese.

Czech Republic were led in goals by Patrik Schick (Czech AM(RLC), STC; 156 CA, 168 PA, 30 YO; Roma), who had five goals, but were also helped by newgen Matej Havranek (Czech M(R), AM(RLC); 134 CA, 134 PA, 22 YO; Sparta Prague).

In spite of Havranek's performance, the winner of the Best Young Player at the World Cup was Admir Hodzic (Canadian D(C), DMC; 143 CA, 158 PA, 20 YO; Toronto FC), who helped to defeat Uruguay 4-1 by scoring twice, which eventually led to the elimination of the South Americans, while Canada went to the Second Round, losing to France.

In one of our first shocks so far, Guinea-Bissau managed to get to the World Cup. They then tied Germany and smashed the UAE 4-1 to win their group, defeating Japan and making it to the Round of 16, where they lost 0-2 vs Portugal. They were led by Bertlenio Fernandes (Bissau-Guinean AM(RL), STC; 158 CA, 162 PA, 24 YO; Sporting), a newgen who quickly became their star player.

Sudan and Gabon also qualified, but both crashed out in the first round.

In the Continental Championships, Honduras won the Gold Cup after excellent performances from real life player Alberth Elis (Honduran AM(RL), STC; 128 CA, 139 PA, 30 YO; Houston Dynamo) and newgen Wilmer Aguilar (Honduran AM(RL), STC; 143 CA, 164 PA, 23 YO; New England Revolution). Other than that, there were no real shocks; Qatar won the AFC Championship in 2023 which would've been a shock years ago, but seeing as they won the tournament in real life last year, I don't think that can be defined as shocking. However, a young footballer did emerge as the star of the tournament: Shen Wei (Chinese AM(RLC), STC; 156 CA, 184 PA, 24 YO; CSKA Moskva), who won the Golden Boot and the Golden Ball.

Spain and Brazil won the two U20 World Cups that took place between 2022 and 2026, with the 2023 edition seeing the emergence of then 17-year old Alex Abubakar (Ghanaian STC; 142 CA, 188 PA, 20 YO; Al-Taawoun), now a coveted young starlet, who won the Golden Ball that year.

Edited by OspreyJ

2026-2030

The players with the highest PA and CA remain the same; in fact, everything about them remained the same, except that Castillo lost 1 CA and Acuña lost 3. Further, Mohammed moved to PSG.

Disappointingly, Argentina won the World Cup, but South Korea came second. USA and Scotland made it to the quarterfinals; in fact, the only nation who was in the semifinals who had won the World Cup before was Argentina (and of course they won). However, their performance was anything but dominant: less than half of the All Star Team was Argentinian, while in previous years it has been made almost completely of the winner's players.

Martín Canuto (Argentinian MC, AM(LC), STC; 196 CA, 199 PA, 29 YO; Man City) won the Golden Ball. He was one of the highest quality newgens in the game and has lived up to his potential. It is simply unfortunate that he belonged to an already established country. However, there is some encouraging news: Frank MacLeod (Canadian WB, ML, AML; 156 CA, 161 PA, 28 YO; Toronto FC) won the Golden Boot, and Canada already has another promising newgen on the way: Andrew Budalic (Canadian MC; 129 CA, 198 PA, 17 YO; Toronto FC), the highest rated newgen that appeared in this period. Together, those two have to potential to make the Canadian team a serious contender in World Soccer.

There were no shocks elsewhere in the world either; most disappointingly, despite being absolutely stacked, with Nawaf Al-Sulaiheem (Saudi DM, MC; 196 CA, 197 PA, 27 YO; Man City and Jassim Mohammed, Saudi Arabia has crashed out of every competition early, never making it to the semis. South Korea, led by - get this - Kim Jong-Woo (South Korean AM(RLC), STC; 193 CA, 193 PA, 28 YO, Real Madrid) made it to the WC Final and also won the Asian Cup.

Still, in spite of the disappointments, I'm hopeful. I noted that Canada looks like it's getting stronger; in addition, Stefanos Karachalios (Greek DM, MC; 196 CA, 196 PA, 28 YO; Man City) won World Player of the Year, and a still-diverse group of countries have up-and-coming players.

Now, as promised, pictures.

image.thumb.png.5f4cab6481e8fc4dea9f7b444e84ab83.png

image.thumb.png.b794e044b9878ddbc5af0d7ffaa35f21.png

image.thumb.png.f03b7a2bee58fdaee9f3390ac0b5eb7d.png

image.thumb.png.7be38590480c8ce97db37e14373ef66a.png

World Player of the Year winners.

image.thumb.png.252651cafd3907a0894bffcac0f4c281.png

image.png

image.png