How to modify league standings/points

Mattriz

1 hour ago, Mattriz said:

I’m playing a championship where some teams have been penalized... Is it possible to add these penalties to the current game?

Thanks in advance

If you want to edit a game you're currently playing, you won't be able to add points deductions using the official SI in-game editor. The one exception is that if the penalties were for going into administration you can make teams go into administration using the in-game editor, causing a points deduction eventually.

If you want to add points deductions using the pre-game editor, let me know and I'll talk you through how it's done.

1 hour ago, Mattriz said:

Thanks for the answer!

Yes, I was referring to a game in progress. What should I do to make teams into administration? And which are the penalties for these teams?

The easiest way to put a team into administration using the in-game editor is to give them a massive debt and then set a few players of theirs to be on very high wages. After a few weeks they should enter into administration (although how long it takes depends on various factors) and you can then change the player contracts back to normal (and get rid of the debt if you want). It's relatively easy to figure out how to do this with the in-game editor, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

The penalty for going into administration depends on the league that they play in. For example in the EFL the penalty is 12 points while in the Premier League I think it's 9 points. In some leagues there may not be a penalty at all.