In match tactics

Quick question for everyone. Interested in your views on this. How much do you tinker with tactics in match? What are you looking for?  I personally often add 'pass into space' if playing against attacking wing backs as an example

Not too much to be honest. I'm of the opinion that if you feel the need to constantly tinker then the tactics aren't right to begin with.

If I'm chasing a lead with 20 mins to go I might go a bit more attacking, or I might go a bit wider if I'm struggling to break down a stubborn defence. Apart from that though I rarely tinker around.

11 minutes ago, TheGoodRebel said:

Not too much to be honest. I'm of the opinion that if you feel the need to constantly tinker then the tactics aren't right to begin with.

If I'm chasing a lead with 20 mins to go I might go a bit more attacking, or I might go a bit wider if I'm struggling to break down a stubborn defence. Apart from that though I rarely tinker around.

Agreed. I don't like to tinker to much. But if the game is going badly (possession shots etc) it's good to have options. Something I need to improve on

This is something I feel I can definitely get better at. I know exactly what you mean. Some games it just doesn't click due to the opposition and its knowing what to change. For example if we're struggling to get shots away I'll remove work ball into box and sometimes use shoot on site. I'd love to hear people's thoughts and options on what they're looking for when they decide to make a change.