Really effective lower league tactic...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dohny54mme2/Wim%20433%20counter%20(AFC%20Wimbledon,%20Jan%202009).tac

It's a 433, with the three mids all set at DM with farrows, and the wingers at AMR/L and farrows.

I'm playing with AFC Wimbledon on a challenge, and after simming 1 year, I took them over in Blue Square south. I won a playoff to gain promotion to BS Premier, and finished 8th. The next year, I loaned a talented young striker from Everton and the formation really took off. I won the BS Premier that 2nd season in, and got a GREAT loan of a scottish 17 yo regen to immediately promotion in League 2 through a playoff.

I settled into League 1 for 3 seasons finishing mid-table before winning promotion through a playoff in the 4th. The move-up coincided with another great loanee striker.

So in Championship, it took 2 years at mid-table with 1 decent cup run before I won a playoff to get into the prem. Again, I had an amazing young striker with LOADS of pace at the striker position.

I'm playing year 1 of the prem now. I'm in December, 12 pts clear of relegation.

So I think the key is obviously having some pace at striker, with above average for your division composure and finishing.

But also having DM's with good passing is key, as they tend to send a lot of through balls into the striker to run onto, though I don't have him set as a target man or specific instructions to run onto.

I didn't have any 'special' players (5stars) at any position other than striker until I got to the Championship, and I could finally start purchasing some tweener Prem guys.

Try it out. It's conservative, but I won a ton of games in league 1/2 and BS prem with scores of 3-0, 2-0 and 3-1.

Not sure how to upload a picture so will explain.

I have used variations on 4-5-1 in the past but I had a hankering for wingbacks so when I found the arrow system had changed I thought I would try out a new formation

I am having joy in the 2nd with Port Vale using my all new 3-6-1 formation

GK

CB(BA) CB CB(BA)

RWB(FA) DMF LWB(FA)

CMF(FA) CMF(FA)

AMC(FA)

ST

BA Back arrow

FA Forward arrow

The AMC is the playmaker in a freerole.

The ST is a targetman.

Team