More than one main cup in nation rules

marcoz76

Hello everyone,

This year I finally found some time do redo the Swiss lower league extension I already did for FM 2017. I made a complete overhaul of my previous system, added a reserve structure and everything works fine in holiday mode, except fore one thing: the winner of the Liechtensteiner Cup doesn't qualify for the Euro Cup. I had exactly the same problem 3 years ago... When  checking the rules of the competition, everything seems ok (see image). But no Liechtensteiner team ever qualifies for the Euro Cup in game, although they are all correctly based in Liechtenstein for continental qualifications...

I don't think it's a bug. It has perhaps something to do with the fact that the editor makes it impossible to have two main cups in the same nation rules. I had therefore to "downgrade" the Liechtensteiner Cup, making it a simple cup, because my file also contains rules for the Swiss Cup (main cup). 

Any ideas to solve this (small) issue? Thx!

You can find my file over there:

Lie_Cup_2.png

vor 2 Stunden schrieb marcoz76:

Hello everyone,

This year I finally found some time do redo the Swiss lower league extension I already did for FM 2017. I made a complete overhaul of my previous system, added a reserve structure and everything works fine in holiday mode, except fore one thing: the winner of the Liechtensteiner Cup doesn't qualify for the Euro Cup. I had exactly the same problem 3 years ago... When  checking the rules of the competition, everything seems ok (see image). But no Liechtensteiner team ever qualifies for the Euro Cup in game, although they are all correctly based in Liechtenstein for continental qualifications...

I don't think it's a bug. It has perhaps something to do with the fact that the editor makes it impossible to have two main cups in the same nation rules. I had therefore to "downgrade" the Liechtensteiner Cup, making it a simple cup, because my file also contains rules for the Swiss Cup (main cup). 

Any ideas to solve this (small) issue? Thx!

You can find my file over there:

The main cup is used as qualifier for the Europa League and this is something hardcoded.

What you can try is to add Liechtenstein as nation (in the same file) and the Liechtensteincup as main cup for Liechtenstein. 

9 hours ago, KUBI said:

The main cup is used as qualifier for the Europa League and this is something hardcoded.

What you can try is to add Liechtenstein as nation (in the same file) and the Liechtensteincup as main cup for Liechtenstein. 

Thanks for your answer! I actually found a workaround without adding Liechtenstein as nation: I simply made the Liechtensteiner Cup a one-phase competition with 4 rounds - now the winner qualifies for the Euro Cup (and for the Euro Cup II from 2021 on). It appears that when a cup has multiple phases, the qualified team for the european competitions is chosen among those who won a game during the first phase. The overall winner of the competition is simply ignored. Strange, and perhaps a bug (or I didn't find the correct setting to adjust).