Comp Bypassing B Teams for Qualification League Fate

tariq13

I'm trying to create the second division in the United States. In-game, the competition is known as the United States Soccer League Division One. In my file, there are 2 groups of 18 teams in Stage 0. The top 10 teams in each group qualify for a playoff for each respective group. Right now, the first group (the eastern conference) is working perfectly. The second group (the western conference), all the teams that are affiliated with MLS clubs as a B team or a II team are being bypassed for qualification league fate. I have no idea why. This isn't happening for similar teams in the other group. Anyone have an idea why? I don't have any options selected for B/Reserve teams to be bypassed.

test7.fmf

Edited by tariq13

Weirdly, if you go to the group settings and set "Rules" to "MLS 2 Groups Style", it'll set the qualification fate for B teams in the western conference. The problem is, it sets all league fates at the beginning of the season and league fixtures no longer are played. It's weird, so I'm not sure if that's a viable solution.

2 hours ago, Afro_Stud said:

In response to the first post, the B teams will have 'Cannot Play in Same Division' checked in 'Current Affiliations'. Does unchecking this for each team allow them to enter the playoff?

Unfortunately no. I tried at one point unchecking that for all the teams and it didn't make a difference. I also checked the settings in the first division and there aren't any options saying teams cannot be promoted or anything like that.

Edited by tariq13